Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/10/13: World Cup Match 5 - Fiji v Ireland

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Fiji by 13 points or more (18 votes [43.90%])

Percentage of vote: 43.90%

2. Fiji by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Fiji by 1 to 6 points (3 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Ireland by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

6. Ireland by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

7. Ireland by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 The Game Caller

The Game Caller
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

For pronunciation reasons, I'm really hoping that Semi Radradra Turagasoli Waqavatu doesn't score tonight.

#42 chrissouthstand

chrissouthstand
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

http://www.hornetsru...le.php?id=12402

Have a look at this. Think this will answer a lot of the important questions, especially those ones to do with booze. :)

#43 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Do we know who will be calling the match tonight? Voss again or Woods?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#44 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Isn't there a pub doing a Fijian curry today? Thought I might see if I can find that for a change to the usual burger & chips.

' The Flying Horse ' on the Town Hall Square is doing a special Irish / Fijian menu today. Sounds great, I fancy curried Irish Stew ! The landlord Ben is a big Rugby League fan, I think he may have played for the Hornets ' A ' team in the past.

#45 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Think this Fijian team could run away with this game.

#46 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

For pronunciation reasons, I'm really hoping that Semi Radradra Turagasoli Waqavatu doesn't score tonight.

My wife was on the P.A. for the Hornets- Fiji warm up game. Given the fact we lost 78-0 she got plenty of practice announcing the try scorers. She's not doing it tonight, I think the Commercial Manager, Ryan, has drawn the short straw.

#47 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Think this Fijian team could run away with this game.

Fiji look a good side but the very heavy conditions could be a leveller. Plus the Irish grow in stature when they pull on the green shirt. They won't go down without a fight.

#48 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

It will be a nightmare at the ground - its in the middle of an estate of tiny streets.

Get onto google maps and look for Mellor Street, you may be ok there.  Just off Mellor Street is Bridgefold Rd as well.

If I were coming from Bradford, I'd come off at the Milnrow/Shaw exit (21) on M62 and work your way in from there.

You could also try bypassing Rochdale and coming off at Heywood and making your way to Bamford/Norden. 

Whichever way you come, your going to have to walk a bit.

If you can get there early, bars on the ground are opening at 12.

If the owners of that big car park at the back of the old Alderglen mill at Spotland Bridge had any brains they open it tonight. That'd be a nice little earner.

#49 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Goooarrrrn Finny! Im looking forward to this match!

A Fev Blog

#50 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

no trains at all from here to there at moment. Not looking good. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Cant drive up as I cant get the time off work and I was going to use the wifi on the train - thought I was being clever, oh no.

Another problem is that I've got my mates ticket and it's not much use to him in Watford. Do you reckon they'll issue him another if I ring 'em up and say pretty please with bells on? Only one way to find out I suppose.

#51 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

no trains at all from here to there at moment. Not looking good. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Cant drive up as I cant get the time off work and I was going to use the wifi on the train - thought I was being clever, oh no.

Another problem is that I've got my mates ticket and it's not much use to him in Watford. Do you reckon they'll issue him another if I ring 'em up and say pretty please with bells on? Only one way to find out I suppose.

You can only try. They will obviously be an empty seat which your pal has a ticket for.

#52 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

You can only try. There will obviously be an empty seat that your pal has a ticket for.

#53 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

yes, true. Have tweeted the Hornets account but perhaps I should ring the RLWC ticket line. Anyway.....things looking better at this end. My train from Milton Keynes to Manchester will run, although with timetable completely awry. Problem is the firm who I need to use to get from Watford to Milton Keynes seems completely shut down. Infuriatingly the train that I catch in Milton Keynes goes past the bottom of my garden!

#54 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Brightening up in Rochdale but still blustery with the occasional heavy shower.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#55 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

yes, true. Have tweeted the Hornets account but perhaps I should ring the RLWC ticket line. Anyway.....things looking better at this end. My train from Milton Keynes to Manchester will run, although with timetable completely awry. Problem is the firm who I need to use to get from Watford to Milton Keynes seems completely shut down. Infuriatingly the train that I catch in Milton Keynes goes past the bottom of my garden!

Good luck with the ticket. My wife is a board member at Hornets so under normal circumstances she'd be able to help you with your ticket problem. However tonights game is being run by the Rugby League and Hornets have no input in the running of the game. Having said that we'd don't normally have all tickets games in the championship

#56 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Another point. ....is there anywhere NOT to park? ie local chavs or something

#57 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hoping for a real carnival atmosphere tonight. Saw TGC on twitter earlier saying the Ireland v Fiji QF match at RLWC2008 had 8.2k, tonight there will be 10k+

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#58 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Rochdale's Fijian flavour

Article published in today's League Express by Rugby League World editor Gareth Walker about the local significance of tonight's game, available to read online here.

http://www.totalrl.c...fijian-flavour/

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#59 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Gonna park slightly out from ground and walk in which will be easier.

Whatever car park space is nearest to The Baum pub, voted best pub in Britain 2012!!!

#60 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Gonna park slightly out from ground and walk in which will be easier.

Whatever car park space is nearest to The Baum pub, voted best pub in Britain 2012!!!

You are probably best to try and park near the Town Hall in the town centre - should be free after 3

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League