Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

30/10/13: World Cup Match 7 - USA v Cook Islands

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. USA by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

2. USA by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. USA by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points (8 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

6. Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

7. Cook Islands by 13 points or more (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Been watching this on Premier Player, terrible feed tonight. Anyone else been having problems?

It was pretty bad for me tonight too.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#182 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Good close game, result always in doubt until the last USA try.

Great crowd.

RLWC 2013 rolls on.

Absolutely really enjoyed tonight great crowd a tidy little stadium packed looked great on tv better then last night in that regard, like you say a close competitive match
Great work Bristol

#183 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Great crowd great game. Its very much down to the people in Bristol and the area to build on tonights effort. But the RFL needs to give them as much support as they can- which I dont think they will sadly.  It also highlights how important Internationals are and making such games as events. Sl is all well and good, but it never will get the attention of the media and joe public in the UK or elsewhere. The RLIF and RLEF really need to be better run and get more money and sponsors involved as well as getting better TV coverage for Internationals.The number of non rugby league fans I know that have turned up to games or have watched via the TV or Internet is amazing. I know fans from Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy, France  etc that have made extra effort to make group bookings to turn up to games. There is much positivity about the game but sadly I cant see the RFL, RLIF or RLEF harnessing it and riding on its wave due to the way things are at the moment. 

#184 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just finished watching this one, even more enjoyable than yesterday's match. Probably because I wanted USA to win, who I thought were very organised and committed. That try by their captain was the best of the tournament so far for me. I have to say I'm very impressed with the handling in this game and throughout the tournament - you would've expected a knock-on-athon in these conditions.

One moan, I wish the weather would improve. Running rugby had been minimal because of the wind and rain.

#185 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just finished watching this one, even more enjoyable than yesterday's match. Probably because I wanted USA to win, who I thought were very organised and committed. That try by their captain was the best of the tournament so far for me. I have to say I'm very impressed with the handling in this game and throughout the tournament - you would've expected a knock-on-athon in these conditions.

One moan, I wish the weather would improve. Running rugby had been minimal because of the wind and rain.

But on the other hand maybe the weather is keeping the score lines a bit tighter which leads to the excitement

#186 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just got back.

Great game, even all the way until the last 10 minutes but felt the USA were the better side by a whisker. Though the Kukis started so well that I was a a little worried that they would run away with it.

7.2 k crowd announced, a fair number of Aussie / Kiwis but very few northerners. Most folk seemed to be Bristolian.

Interesting thing was that there was almost no talk about the tournament by people at the game, the RLWC just seemed to be this game for most people.

Most people were supporting the Cooks though I suspect that they thought they were the underdogs.

#187 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Absolutely really enjoyed tonight great crowd a tidy little stadium packed looked great on tv better then last night in that regard, like you say a close competitive match
Great work Bristol

It wasn't packed. The West stand was almost empty but they hadn't planned to open it at all. The stadium officially holds 12,100, we could have got in another 4,900 or so.

#188 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

It wasn't packed. The West stand was almost empty but they hadn't planned to open it at all. The stadium officially holds 12,100, we could have got in another 4,900 or so.

well the 3 stands that we're full looked great on tv
Brilliant crowd well done Bristol

#189 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Wow. Yet another cracking game. Well done to all in Bristol attracting a fantastic crowd of, I'm guessing. mainly newbies.

The Group D table looks very challenging for Wales now; we have to get a big win over the USA at Wrexham on Sunday 3rd November, Lots of tempting games to enjoy now that we have seen everyone play. Group C looks like a very tight call to - I'm thinking Italy to win that one but Scotland and Tonga wont make it easy,

What are we all going to do tomorrow without this excitement?

#190 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

well the 3 stands that we're full looked great on tv
Brilliant crowd well done Bristol

It was a brilliant effort. I've never been to an on-the-road game but the impression I had was that very few locals would have attended or even known about the game. This was absolutely the opposite. This was expansion done well. Perhaps more games can be taken away from the heartlands in future.

#191 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Wow. Yet another cracking game. Well done to all in Bristol attracting a fantastic crowd of, I'm guessing. mainly newbies.

Very much so. Very few people were wearing any RL stuff.

#192 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

It was a brilliant effort. I've never been to an on-the-road game but the impression I had was that very few locals would have attended or even known about the game. This was absolutely the opposite. This was expansion done well. Perhaps more games can be taken away from the heartlands in future.

Yep spot on mate aslong as its done properly then absolutely tbh it makes you wonder wether we should of took a few of the games from the north down to the likes of Bristol and maybe a midlsnds club

#193 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yep spot on mate aslong as its done properly then absolutely tbh it makes you wonder wether we should of took a few of the games from the north down to the likes of Bristol and maybe a midlsnds club

With the benefit of hindsight we should have, however, I would not have said that two weeks ago.

#194 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

So then... How do we best capitalise on this fantastic bristolian crowd?

England vs Wales in a mid season international in 2014

#195 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just back from the game myself having been there with Exiled Wiganer and a couple of others. A quite extraordinary experience and something I never expected to see when I moved south to Bath. Bristol rocking with Rugby League - wow!

#196 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Fantastic idea with England v Scotland in Workington to reward them too?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#197 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

never doubted the usa would win this they have been improving all season and had some great warm up games before this.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#198 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Simple but brilliant! I'm there (theoretically)

#199 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Just got back after a cracking night. Great game, great crowd, rubbish weather and a fantastic cornish pasty... top effort Bristol; very impressed!

Oh yeah, I even managed to impress a local girl who kept smiling at me and gave me a little wink...... when he boyfriend wasn't look! Naughty girl! :D

However, no game now until Friday?! I'll have withdrawal symptoms tomorrow...

Edited by GeordieSaint, 31 October 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#200 brooza

brooza
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Just got back, best match I've been to so far, and I've ended up with a free kukis flag!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users