Worrying

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

The last thing I want to do is stir things up and I also know the same subject cropping up get's monotonous, but I need answers.Gary Chambers brought in some good young players towards the end of the season which stablised usand kept us up. Garys statement was he was recruiting for the future. Garys gone and so have some of those players, what is it all about? Five weeks ago in the league express PAUL Kidd stated that contractual talks with existing players and possible new players was well advanced. According to Darren Hawkyard on Twitter no one the club has approached him over the last month.If they are not talking to our better players who the hell are they talking to? I got the league express today nearly every championship and championship 1 team have now got a full compliment of players.We have got no ground, no coach, no players and the way things are going no future.As I said I don't like stirring things up but I want answers I don't like keep being fobbed off with delaying tactics which I believe could be happening.We are getting nearer and nearer to the new season and nobody as a clue what is happening. Have we a competitive team? Have we a coach? Have we a ground? And most of all have we a future. I'ts just not good enough.

#2 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I understand your concerns but how do you KNOW we have none of the above?
The fact is we have been TOLD nothing but that doesn't mean that nothing is happening below the surface.

I do agree it is unacceptable to be kept in the dark for so long especially as the rumour mill is working overtime at the moment but it doesn't mean we are doomed.

Keep the faith!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#3 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm concerned by the lack of news as well.  It's not just the major issues that Glenngary mentions but why, for example, has there been no presentation evening for the players?  We have been thanked for our patience while Club staff have been on holiday etc and told that confidential and delicate discussions are ongoing so I'm afraid there is nothing to do but put up with the uncertainty no matter how uncomfortable that is until the powers that be have something they wish to share with us.

Edited by dummy scissors, 21 October 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#4 WadsworthLion

WadsworthLion
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

We KNOW, because i've asked the question to players on twitter, who have no idea if they have a contract next year. They would find out before the fans, so that's how far behind other clubs we are. 

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

It doesnt look too good for our player retention from Warrington though as Gavin Benion has gone on a season long loan to Featherstone. ....or is it a good thing?

#6 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Well looks like no announcement from the club today then................

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

It doesnt look too good for our player retention from Warrington though as Gavin Benion has gone on a season long loan to Featherstone. ....or is it a good thing?

I suppose John bastians Warrington links are going to tempt many of their youngsters over to Fev
Thankfully that means that we can continue the DR argument again all season and they can tell us how their version is different.

#8 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I suppose John bastians Warrington links are going to tempt many of their youngsters over to Fev
Thankfully that means that we can continue the DR argument again all season and they can tell us how their version is different.

Similar to how Gary Chambers might have done it again this season eh Mark.

Suppose now we can say we dont have any players in our squad that aren't ours. .....as we dont have a squad!

And yes Wayne, the silence is indeed deafening again!

#9 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

We may have a squad. An undercover one
Making their debuts in the secret sevens and famous fives preseason tournaments
Captain Hook can lead us to the top of the Never never land league .

#10 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I bought a season ticket for next season. Its the first time I have ever bought a season ticket for Swinton. This is a big commitment as my wife and I travel from Lancaster for home games. We should be looking forward to the new season but so far it has been an anti-climax. We don't even know which stadium we have bought a season ticket for. We don't know who is in the team. I don't know why we bothered.

Edited by lancaster Lion, 25 October 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#11 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well looks like no announcement from the club today then................

You seriously didn't actually expect them to make any such announcement did you?

I wish I was wrong, but my gut instinct tell me that they've 'done a runner' and left us mugs 'in the lurch' and are playing for time until they HAVE to make a comment or whatever.

:tease:

#12 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

As much as I don't want to admit it I think we are kaput. I have to agree with  Keith it looks like management have blown a gasket and can't repair it. It looks like Gary knew this was coming and jumped ship .It just doesn't make sense that there is deadly silence a few words here and there to keep us imformed wouldn't have gone amiss but nothing but a smoke screne. This is not good enough Paul the fans have been loyal to the club over the lean years that we have had and deserve better your silence is causing a lot of anguish amongst the fans and could lose you a lot of your remaining fans. If were going under tell us if wer'e not give us some hope without breaching confidentiality I think you owe it us .

#13 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

As much as I don't want to admit it I think we are kaput. I have to agree with  Keith it looks like management have blown a gasket and can't repair it. It looks like Gary knew this was coming and jumped ship .It just doesn't make sense that there is deadly silence a few words here and there to keep us imformed wouldn't have gone amiss but nothing but a smoke screne. This is not good enough Paul the fans have been loyal to the club over the lean years that we have had and deserve better your silence is causing a lot of anguish amongst the fans and could lose you a lot of your remaining fans. If were going under tell us if wer'e not give us some hope without breaching confidentiality I think you owe it us .

Sock it to 'em GG

#14 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

As I have said before I cannot influence how the club is managed - my part is to support the club as best as I can by watching matches, playing the lottery, etc - the lack of news / announcement is a bad sign it fills supporter with a sense of foreboding, as for the players its an incentive to start looking elsewhere, the longer it takes the less chance there is of retaining players as they will have no doubt moved elsewhere.

Even if the planning comes to naught - by telling fans what is being planned ( in broadest possible terms) it can only be a good thing as it shows everyone that plans are there etc.........

#15 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

News in....

http://www.swintonli...est-update.html

#16 StockportLion

StockportLion
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

The terse statement appears to me to say that if the investors don't jump on board then it's curtains for the club.

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

"Every cloud has a silver lining" as the saying goes. Sounds like bad news, but, fingers crossed, it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise in that some vigorous 'new blood' can be injected into the ailing club as 'old heads' finally roll.

:shout:

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think if old heads do roll we owe them a certain debt of gratitude if we attract new investment.
Love them hate them or feel complete indifference they've done more than me to keep Swinton going.

#19 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Its only a game

#20 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think if old heads do roll we owe them a certain debt of gratitude if we attract new investment.
Love them hate them or feel complete indifference they've done more than me to keep Swinton going.

I absolutely agree with you.

Does anyone know if the Supporters Trust have any insight into these evolving events?  Has there been any contact between them and the Club to see if anything can be done?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users