Worrying

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would imagine that any new investors would work with the Kidds not as a replacement!

#22 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Does anyone know if the Supporters' Trust have any insight into these evolving events?  Has there been any contact between them and the club to see if anything can be done?

Being a trust member myself, I would naturally assume that the cogs-and-wheels of the trust will soon be set in motion in case they are needed to play their part in this tricky situation just as all supporters would expect.

:jester:

#23 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Our two biggest forwards now gone, how many more players are going to jump ship before any investment comes to fruition. If or when we obtain this investment we could very likely end up with a very weak or even no team at all.My question is how do we replace those players with players good enough to compete in the championship when all worthwhile transfer dealings seem to have been completed? Also how many times can the loyal fans get kicked in the teeth before they start saying enough is enough?

#24 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

So what are you advocating we do about it?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#25 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

There looks to be a few half-decent players knocking seven bells out of each other every night on Premier Sports at the moment. I think we're probably just waiting to pick and choose which ones to let play for our glorious club. Wouldn't bother with that Sonny what'shisname though...the poor fella doesn't know where the try line is!!

#26 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I wouldn't exclude Sonny Bill from the list on that basis as we did employ Rob Foxen and Ian Mort who had similar problems!

#27 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

In reply to Loyalion, i'm every bit as loyal as you with 64 years of watching the lions under my belt and I wish I could do something. Unfortunately it's a two man band and we are not invited

#28 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Not having a go at you at all GG it's just that many people like you and I are worried about the future of the Lions at the moment but no one is seemingly able to offer an alternative to waiting out for news, be it good or bad.

Looking at what we do know;

We are in a financial hole at the moment - nothing new.
We don't have our own ground - ditto.
We have lost players from last season - again ditto.
No news on our coaching staff - not surprisingly.
The information on the above is all second hand - nothing new there also (apart from the brief club statement).

Guess we just have to sit tight and wait for the facts to surface as usual. Facts are what we need and not speculation!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#29 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Guess we just have to sit tight and wait for the facts to surface as usual.

Aye, but for how long eh?

#30 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Unfortunately it's a two man band and we are not invited

Perhaps it would read better if it was 'two men banned' But which 'two men' should be banned?

No prizes for guessing the answer to this riddle.

#31 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Aye, but for how long eh?

I suppose until you can come up with a lottery win and buy us a team and a ground Keith.
Until then we all support our Club which, no matter how you feel about them, has been at least kept going by the current Chairman and board.
Yes communication had never been their strong point but I don't think they deliberately avoid communicating, I think it's more that they don't realise the potential benefits of communicating even if there's not really much to say.
Take the new stadium for example, I know from experience how long negotiations with planning authorities and Councils can take for complex projects. Yes the board haven't kept us informed of every meeting they've had but sometimes I can't blame them as they must feel they're always setting themselves up for later criticism and wild speculation when the timings don't work out.
Believe me I'm not defending the lack of news and communication from our Club at all but I believe they do what they can to keep our Club going in these extremely difficult times and until I put in more time, effort and money than they do then I have to be grateful and hopeful that I can spend another season watching the mighty Swinton Lions....and I just feel that some of the continuous negativity based on speculation on this forum does not help matters.
But come on Club....give us some news!

#32 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

I suppose until you can come up with a lottery win and buy us a team and a ground Keith.
Until then we all support our Club which, no matter how you feel about them, has been at least kept going by the current Chairman and board.
Yes communication had never been their strong point but I don't think they deliberately avoid communicating, I think it's more that they don't realise the potential benefits of communicating even if there's not really much to say.
Take the new stadium for example, I know from experience how long negotiations with planning authorities and Councils can take for complex projects. Yes the board haven't kept us informed of every meeting they've had but sometimes I can't blame them as they must feel they're always setting themselves up for later criticism and wild speculation when the timings don't work out.
Believe me I'm not defending the lack of news and communication from our Club at all but I believe they do what they can to keep our Club going in these extremely difficult times and until I put in more time, effort and money than they do then I have to be grateful and hopeful that I can spend another season watching the mighty Swinton Lions....and I just feel that some of the continuous negativity based on speculation on this forum does not help matters.
But come on Club....give us some news!

Pretty well sums up how I feel too Paul

#33 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ditto. Like Groundhog Day following Swinton. You can't change what's in your blood though!

#34 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I suppose John bastians Warrington links are going to tempt many of their youngsters over to Fev
Thankfully that means that we can continue the DR argument again all season and they can tell us how their version is different.

Mark I blame Swinton for having the audacity to beat us;  Its our ploy to rid you of your best players just have we have done with Batley who also had the audacity to knock us out of the play-offs....Seriously though good luck to you and your club;

#35 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ha ha. Cheers Phil.
Mendieka started off slowly for us but finished the season very strongly. Good signing for you.

#36 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Excellent post Paul - summed up my thoughts exactly...........

#37 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Paul very rationally put......for one minute I doubt that the current board wanted to put us in what seems a perilous position.
Whatever the out come will be I will follow the blue shirt even if we play at North West Counties level, they are my town team, they are Swinton Lions

#38 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Jack Morrison gone to Barrrow,  have we any pack left?

#39 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Jack Morrison gone to Barrrow,  have we any pack left?

I don't know, I've plenty of experience playing in the second row - even if it was 50 years ago (Station Road, Crommy v Ambrose 1961 aged 14½) - I was never the fastest forward on the pitch but I could handle well and send out some good passes from time to time.

I've never smoked and am as fit as butcher's dog (for my age) - could probably last about 10 minutes at most maybe

:shout: .

#40 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Yes I can tell you still have it Keith from the one or two imaginary passes you've sent out to me when I've seen you jogging on Manchester Rd.One of them was actually outside the home of our former full back Paul Mellor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users