League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Are you looking forward to next season ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I am, if only looking forward to a few places like Oxford and Gloucester where ive never been,  i dont suppose Hemel Hempstead and South Wales is all that special but remember last time i went down to Wales and  big Jamie Fielden came running out for us looking like Dolph Lungren, promptly got smashed in the 1st tackle and Celtic Crusaders went 6 up, i think the 2nd time he touched the ball he got smashed again and it went 12-0 after 5 mins.Exit big Jamie never to be seen again and cries of  Sampson Out began to echo round the valleys......

Posted Image

#2 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

In answer NO. KOL .Victory in EVERY Game , 60 plus points to NIL . Busting the bookies handicap Every week !! Can you picture Klienhorst and Mcshane etc etc . Running part•timers Ragged ,in Champ.1???. Oh The Embarrassment !!!!.....Very close to CHEATING.....

Edited by HUNSLET72, 21 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Do you  honestly think we will have Keinhorst and McShane next season 72 cause i dont. By the way Gloucester might be  nobodys rubbing rags next season, today theyve signed Jordan James and rumours of Lesley Vainokolo, Skolars with Dylan Skee pulling the strings are no mugs and Stanley Gene might just attract a few PNG guys up to Gateshead, its gone quiet with Koulash at Oldham but you never know.York look like they are DR with Cas so lets not count our chickens  , yes i expect us to win the league but talk of 60 point hammerings everyweek could be way off the mark.By the way Ryan Hall has been suspended by your mates tonight, wonder what hes done ?

Posted Image

#4 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

Do you honestly think we will have Keinhorst and McShane next season 72 cause i dont. By the way Gloucester might be nobodys rubbing rags next season, today theyve signed Jordan James and rumours of Lesley Vainokolo, Skolars with Dylan Skee pulling the strings are no mugs and Stanley Gene might just attract a few PNG guys up to Gateshead, its gone quiet with Koulash at Oldham but you never know.York look like they are DR with Cas so lets not count our chickens , yes i expect us to win the league but talk of 60 point hammerings everyweek could be way off the mark.By the way Ryan Hall has been suspended by your mates tonight, wonder what hes done ?

The Ryan Hall at LUFC

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Ryan hall is a bad lad with attitude problem. Leeds have never really used him so no Loss. I am looking fwd to some nice away trips next season but dont think we will even finish top let alone hammer teams.

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I am, if only looking forward to a few places like Oxford and Gloucester where ive never been, i dont suppose Hemel Hempstead and South Wales is all that special but remember last time i went down to Wales and big Jamie Fielden came running out for us looking like Dolph Lungren, promptly got smashed in the 1st tackle and Celtic Crusaders went 6 up, i think the 2nd time he touched the ball he got smashed again and it went 12-0 after 5 mins.Exit big Jamie never to be seen again and cries of Sampson Out began to echo round the valleys......

Mark cass was coach when we played celtic crusaders away
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#7 Ironhawk

Ironhawk
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Now that was a week end still dont know how we got home safe

Posted Image

#8 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

great w/end bazzzz. Do you remember krankie causing a riot in nightclub under our hotel.

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Do you honestly think we will have Keinhorst and McShane next season 72 cause i dont. By the way Gloucester might be nobodys rubbing rags next season, today theyve signed Jordan James and rumours of Lesley Vainokolo, Skolars with Dylan Skee pulling the strings are no mugs and Stanley Gene might just attract a few PNG guys up to Gateshead, its gone quiet with Koulash at Oldham but you never know.York look like they are DR with Cas so lets not count our chickens , yes i expect us to win the league but talk of 60 point hammerings everyweek could be way off the mark.By the way Ryan Hall has been suspended by your mates tonight, wonder what hes done ?

if you dont get played take the "L" out and just get paid, that's what he's done

#10 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

I've been to all the far flung places we'll be playing next season bar Hemel Hempstead, but not all for the purposes of watching Rugby League !!

One of these days I'm going to sit down and work out how many grounds I've seen Hunslet play on, I'm guessing it must be at least 50-60. Any other veterans on here of our sole trip to Kent Invicta (Maidstone) in 1984? How about Scarborough Football Club? Or North Street, home of Alfreton Town FC ?? 

#11 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Looking forward to getting to a few games next season King, a few aren't far off home games for me!! !!

#12 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

I've been to all the far flung places we'll be playing next season bar Hemel Hempstead, but not all for the purposes of watching Rugby League !!

One of these days I'm going to sit down and work out how many grounds I've seen Hunslet play on, I'm guessing it must be at least 50-60. Any other veterans on here of our sole trip to Kent Invicta (Maidstone) in 1984? How about Scarborough Football Club? Or North Street, home of Alfreton Town FC ??

.....Hhmm . And your point is ??? If its Not to watch Hunslet ,what doe's it matter ? Many will have been to Vegas or on a Cruise ... Franks been to Aussie and God knows where when @ Gateshead in that 'Bubble'!!......

#13 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

... Yes . Fantastic Trip... Happy days...

#14 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Roy Sampson was coach the first time we played Celtic Crusaders away, and stayed overnight-- Mark Cass the second time when we were made to go there and back on the day, 14 hours from leaving SLS to getting back, we were given £5 to buy refreshments.

Steve Ferris was coach when we played South Wales away, and Paul Daley was the coach when we played at Cardiff.

Remember Kent Invicta away at Maidstone, we got beat there but still got promotion as York lost as well.  Jerry Mason was so annoyed that he made us cancel the meal we had booked on the way back but when the news came through that York had lost so we did get promoted we rebooked it ourselves and didn't tell hm.

Of the other grounds I liked Trafford Borough.

Don't know where we will be going next season until the RL tell us, if there isn't a new cup competition we may have to play each club twice.

#15 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

K O L. With the Squad and d/r tie up with "The World Club Champions". YES . Anything less then 60 to Nill , Every week is a Failure ,,, dont forget we are playing "Park" teams !!!!.....

#16 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

That's very disrespectful to the rest of the league Hunslet72.

I hope our players don't go into games with that attitude as we will come a cropper. I am looking forward to visiting some new grounds next season but am very concerned that there could be only 9 teams in the league and no cup games meaning lots of weekends with no rugby. The RL really need to get this sorted and fast. all the clubs need to start selling season tickets pretty soon and how can they price them up not knowing how many matches will be played.

I think with the squad we have put together we should be challenging for the title but I think it will be close with another 3 or 4  clubs also thinking they will have a chance.

#17 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

K O L. With the Squad and d/r tie up with "The World Club Champions". YES . Anything less then 60 to Nill , Every week is a Failure ,,, dont forget we are playing "Park" teams !!!!.....

Leeds aren't the world club champions

#18 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Leeds aren't the world club champions

... Who Are then ?……

#19 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Woodlesford Hawk. Its not disrespectful at all . Teams 'bumming' around in Champ 1 Are "Park" teams .... Otherwise they d be in Championship ... A Club of Hunslets Pedigree and History ,playing in this division is quite frankly a Shameful Disgrace......

#20 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Woodlesford Hawk. Its not disrespectful at all . Teams 'bumming' around in Champ 1 Are "Park" teams .... Otherwise they d be in Championship ... A Club of Hunslets Pedigree and History ,playing in this division is quite frankly a Shameful Disgrace......

Quite frankly its a miracle we have a club to support, with no fans, no sponsors, history counts for nothing without finance and backing on the terraces, im happy to bum around with proud clubs like Oldham and York if it means we have a game to watch on a Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users