Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two hours in Brussels

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'll be en route to South West France this week, whilst on tour with my band.  The tour manager has arranged my train journey, as it's a fraction of the price of flights and actually quicker, but I will have two hours free time in Brussels at tea time on Thursday.

Any recommendations of what I should do with the time in the city (Midi station area), other than ask JB for a drink?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'd ask JB for a drink.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

You're a Trinity fan aren't you?

http://belvue.be/en

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

You're a Trinity fan aren't you?

http://belvue.be/en

It shuts at five, impractical.

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

How about Europa RL ?

#6 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Midi area has nothing of interest. Take the Green line Metro to Bours/Bourse and the Grand Place is behind the big classical building, plenty of bars around that area or try the seafood platters in one of the street restaurants on the street to the North West of the Grand Place.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Buy a waffle.

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Beer, chocolate and ask if anybody knows Poirot. That's Belgium pretty much done.

28m391z.jpg

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'll be en route to South West France this week, whilst on tour with my band.  The tour manager has arranged my train journey, as it's a fraction of the price of flights and actually quicker, but I will have two hours free time in Brussels at tea time on Thursday.

Any recommendations of what I should do with the time in the city (Midi station area), other than ask JB for a drink?

How on earth can it be quicker?

You're spouting nonsense
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

How on earth can it be quicker?

You're spouting nonsense

It can be quicker if your destination is not that near an airport, or in fact there aren't any direct flights there from where you're setting off from.  

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

It can be quicker if your destination is not that near an airport, or in fact there aren't any direct flights there from where you're setting off from.

I still don't believe it's quicker
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I still don't believe it's quicker

This does not concern me, or my band.

#13 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Larry's next question: One night in Bangkok?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#14 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Larry's next question: One night in Bangkok?

It was actually going to be 90 minutes in Paris (Friday), followed by 60 minutes in London (also Friday) but I'll just be in the Euston Tap so no concern there.

In answer to your question about Bangkok, it can take 90 minutes to get out of the airport there!  Although there are trolleys there where you can buy manners.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 22 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

This does not concern me, or my band.

http://www.acousticales.com/brews.html

"The Groupie" Belgian Style Strong Blonde Ale 8%abv
The Groupie is no wimpy blonde!  This golden colored ale is medium bodied, well balanced and smooth. Banana undertones and honey are noticeable on the nose with subtle hints of baking spices on the finish.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#16 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

The last time I was there we just sat in a bar with John Cleese for two hours until Graeme Chapman and Marty Feldman turned up.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#17 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

It was actually going to be 90 minutes in Paris (Friday), followed by 60 minutes in London (also Friday) but I'll just be in the Euston Tap so no concern there.

In answer to your question about Bangkok, it can take 90 minutes to get out of the airport there!  Although there are trolleys there where you can buy manners.

Never a bad option. :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#18 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

So far Just Browny is resisting my approaches.  Perhaps he thinks everyone from Wakey is as good looking as Ben Westwood.

#19 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

So far Just Browny is resisting my approaches.  Perhaps he thinks everyone from Wakey is as good looking as Ben Westwood.

Your approaches are about as real as your band. What time are you in town?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#20 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Your approaches are about as real as your band. What time are you in town?

I'll have you know that my band is in very good form, and much in demand.  Hence all the touring, with my band.

17:10 - 19:17.  Zuid/Midi.