Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Champ 1 Supporters

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Being a curious Hunslet fan i was just wondering how many fans do these out of catchment area clubs bring , not including , Oldham , York ,....Cheers...............

#2 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

The best supported team was North Wales who have now been promoted. Your lucky if you get a mini bus full from the rest.

#3 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Very few Im afraid but if the date doesnt clash with owt I'll be up at yours to support the Stags.And I'll give your bar takings a boost!

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

At Wrexham this season I didn't see any Oxford supporters. Styx came up from Gloucester. Big Kev, Jim and 1 other came down from Gateshead, but they are quality. I met about 4 from Hemel. Scorpions couldn't even fill a small bus for a Welsh derby and when I went to watch them at Oldham there was one family cheering for them but they were the parents of a dual reg Wigan player. Skolars brought about a dozen as I remember. Oldham will will be your best away support.

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thank you , and the RFL can't see where the games failing , sad times..............

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

At Wrexham this season I didn't see any Oxford supporters. Styx came up from Gloucester. Big Kev, Jim and 1 other came down from Gateshead, but they are quality. I met about 4 from Hemel. Scorpions couldn't even fill a small bus for a Welsh derby and when I went to watch them at Oldham there was one family cheering for them but they were the parents of a dual reg Wigan player. Skolars brought about a dozen as I remember. Oldham will will be your best away support.

Working inside the Racecourse I get to meet a lot of the away supporters.  I can add that there were about 10 or 11 Oxford supporters who travelled up. Styx was the only UGAG supporter I met. Gateshead ha 3 or 4 (Jim and Kev are worth 10 each!) plus some Cas fans who have started to support Gateshead. I am sure if the competition is developed by the RFL in the restructure support will grow.

Rochdale and Oldham, being our closest clubs brought more support than others with Oldham probably bringing slightly more.

Edited by gogledd, 23 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#7 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

last season the Cru brought the most to Hemel & that game had the best atmosphere by quite a way There was even a fair amount of them for the midweek NRC game which was pretty much a dead rubber.

The drunkest away support was Oldham by a country mile, well done lads & lasses!

Most "we watch the other code in the winter" fans were All Golds,much tutting at a "miss!" at a conversion attempt, great people though who shall grow to know our ways!

Most 'we're all speaking in the wrong accents support'  was Oxford, they brought most of their famillies down with them. My corner of the grandstand sounded like Oldham.

A tip of the hat to the Skolars turnout, unsurprisingly a fair amount of them.Here's to developing a full on rivalry between the two.

Best fellow Co-operative bretheren goes to the Hornets, the noisy woman was top class.

Best for standing in the pouring rain goes to the Scorpions fans in the NRC and the award for the greatest fans of all are those Gateshead nutters!

Have enjoyed them all. Looking forward to seeing what York & Hunslet bring to the party.

Super League? Who needs it?

Edited by Rascal Bongo Stork, 24 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#8 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Now we all know that super league is out of bounds why dont we move the game to winter its not as daft as it sounds as i think footbal will be moving to summer in the non to distant future especially with the world cup in qatar to be played in winter