RLWC discount code

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Just booked for the Wembly semi final double header with discount code BOC and got £30 tickets for £15.

Any use to anyone?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

RL World Cup 2013?

I remember attending the matches played at Station Road in the 1960 World Cup.

I think there were only four teams competing then, i.e, Great Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand

Now there seems to be dozens of them, 'international' teams that is.

Perhaps when the next World Cup comes around we'll see even more entries, e.g. Isle of Man, Antarctica, North Korea, Gibraltar, Channel Islands, Falkland Islands, Rockall, the Dogger Bank, the Goodwin Sands?

:shout:

Edited by Blue Monkey, 22 October 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Great Keith

Bring them on , we are already doing 23 matches from this years tournament .  I did some interviews the other day with Steve McCormack and Carlo Napolitano and maybe sneak them on the site over the weekend to give some people something to read.

See you at Old Trafford for the final Keith  ;)

#4 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hopefully we will have a lot of reading tomorrow regarding our Club.

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

I see that Saturday's England V Australia match is being staged at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Where's the logic in that then? To my old fashioned way of thinking, I'd have thought it would have been somewhere in England surely. But then again, our 'betters' at the RFL must know what they're doing, yes?

If I had to guess this fixture's venue, I would have gone for Wigan, Warrington, Leeds, Huddersfield or Hull.

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

How many of those venues have a roof Keith? Cardiff guarantees the opening ceremony isnt a wash out and also a great playing surface/conditions, unlike the Bell End Stadium.

Perhaps they do know something after all!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I would have thought that a venue with a more modest capacity would have been more beneficial for the opening ceremony and first matches.Even if the attendance is 40000 plus ,there will still be enough empty seats to cause embarrassment.

#8 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

If there's not a suitable venue in the whole of England then we might as will pack up now. Yet another ludicrous decision.

#9 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I see that Saturday's England V Australia match is being staged at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Where's the logic in that then? To my old fashioned way of thinking, I'd have thought it would have been somewhere in England surely. But then again, our 'betters' at the RFL must know what they're doing, yes?

If I had to guess this fixture's venue, I would have gone for Wigan, Warrington, Leeds, Huddersfield or Hull.

If there's not a suitable venue in the whole of England then we might as will pack up now. Yet another ludicrous decision.

You seem to have (conveniently?) forgotten that there's another game on Saturday, and that's Wales v Italy, and the last time I checked, Cardiff was still in the Principality!

The roof will ensure that the game(s) and the opening ceremony will go ahead, no prob!

Over the years, our game's ruling body has had no fiercer critic than yours truly, but with 40,000+ tickets already sold, the World Cup is gonna be off to a flyer, and I say well done to the RFL.

Along with Riggy, and Al, we'll be ensuring that the Lions have representation at 23 of the games!

Superbly fit, hugely talented athletes, playing the Greatest Game on the Planet, for the title of World Champions! 

Bring it on!

Spelly.

Edited by Spelly, 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#10 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Not got a problem with Wales playing Italy in Cardiff Spelly.

#11 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

40000 may well be a reasonable attendance to us but to outsiders looking in and seeing row upon row of empty seats in such a vast stadium,the overall impression will be a negative one.

#12 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

You seem to have (conveniently?) forgotten that there's another game on Saturday, and that's Wales v Italy, and the last time I checked, Cardiff was still in the Principality!

Wales v Italy, yes, this is the logical venue in this case (or other places in Wales), BUT totally still fail to understand WHY an England v Australia match is being hosted by the city of Cardiff - after all Spelly, the last time I checked, both England AND Australia were NOT in the Principality

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't care where its played . I guess the RFL tried to choose an attractive venue and two attractive fixtures to open the event
The likely negative impression duffymoon speaks of will no doubt please the majority of RL fans who are obsessed with moaning.
Talking of negative impressions Gareth Hocks child like interview on North West tonight will have hugely helped rugby league's cause......

#14 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Wales v Italy, yes, this is the logical venue in this case (or other places in Wales), BUT totally still fail to understand WHY an England v Australia match is being hosted by the city of Cardiff - after all Spelly, the last time I checked, both England AND Australia were NOT in the Principality

Keith,

This will be the biggest attendance for an international for a good while!

40,000+ in probably the best stadium in the UK!

You're quite right that both England and Australia are outside the Welsh boundaries, but how many would have turned up if it'd been Wales v Italy in a stand alone game?

For what it's worth, I reckon the RFL have pulled off a master stroke by staging this as a double-header, and preceded by a spectacular opening ceremony!

The World Cup is gonna be a success, it's gonna make money, it's gonna show the Greatest Game on the Planet at its stunning best, and I'm proud that I'm gonna be part of it! Bring it on!

Spelly.

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#15 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

For what it's worth, I reckon the RFL have pulled off a master stroke by staging this as a double-header, and preceded by a spectacular opening ceremony!

Spelly.

Spelly

Seriously, just how much of a backhander are you getting from those 'enlightened' twerps at the RFL?

#16 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Spelly

Seriously, just how much of a backhander are you getting from those 'enlightened' twerps at the RFL?

Spelly

Keith,

As I said earlier, the RFL has had no fiercer critic than me, but on this occasion, they're ok!

Tell me - When was there last 40,000+ at an England international?

Tell me - Where would you have staged the game / opening ceremony?

60,000+ tickets sold already for the final!

No seats left at Warrington / Workington!

Huddersfield sold out!

Swallow your pride Keith, and admit that the game we both love is on the up!

I'll be at 23 games matches during the competition, looking forward to every one, and.................

If we win the cup, it'll put the icing on the cake!

Spelly.

XIII of today, and soooooooooooooooo proud of it!

#17 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's a World Cup, hosted by England and Wales (and France I guess!) so technically every game is at a  neutral venue.

You might as well ask why Ireland vs Fiji is at Rochdale, why isn't it being played in Ireland or in Fiji?

The Millenium Stadium is the perfect choice for the opener!

Posted Image

#18 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Rochdale signed a number of Fijians in the 1960's and now has the largest Fijian population in the UK outside of London!

#19 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Less than 300 tickets left for Fiji v Ireland at Spotland and they should get a 10200 sell out by Monday.

They have done a great marketing job.

#20 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

RL World Cup 2013?
I remember attending the matches played at Station Road in the 1960 World Cup.
I think there were only four teams competing then, i.e, Great Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand
Now there seems to be dozens of them, 'international' teams that is.
Perhaps when the next World Cup comes around we'll see even more entries, e.g. Isle of Man, Antarctica, North Korea, Gibraltar, Channel Islands, Falkland Islands, Rockall, the Dogger Bank, the Goodwin Sands?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users