Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Will we see a settled half back pairing at Hull FC in the near future?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Holdsworth on his way, it looks like.

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

Personally speaking, I hope Jacob Miller stays, he's a very exciting young player. I just hope we can find somebody who can bring the best out of him and the rest of the team.

Has Pearson set his sights on Michael Dobson for 2015?. If so, why not persevere with Holdsworth for next season, it will be almost impossible to bring in someone new who could improve on Holdsworth's efforts, in spite of his injuries and inconsistency, without spending a fortune.

Perhaps mentally, he's already on his way back to Oz, no point in standing in his way if so.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Have Cas got anyone worth nicking?

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#3 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Halves aren't exactly free off the shelf. They are hard to get.

In saying that, Sam Powell and Gareth O'brien are unlikely to play first team footy any time soon, so Mr Pearson should open the chequebook and land a young halves pair that could steer the black and Whites around for the next decade.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's World Cup week, who the hell cares about the goings on at Hull FC?
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#5 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Sam Powell played 16 games for Wigan last season scoring 3 tries and two drop goals.
He will be in the squad next year for sure.
O'Brien now back at Wire will get some gametime surely, Briers in his last season and Myler looking more average by the year. GOB is an excellent goalkicker too, a great replacement for Hodgson.

#6 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Sam Powell played 16 games for Wigan last season scoring 3 tries and two drop goals.He will be in the squad next year for sure.O'Brien now back at Wire will get some gametime surely, Briers in his last season and Myler looking more average by the year. GOB is an excellent goalkicker too, a great replacement for Hodgson.

Yes, but neither are likely to be first choice halves at their clubs any time soon. If Hull Fc came forward with an offer, they wold be mad not to move to an equally big club like Hull where they can establish themselves
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hull fans? its still a RL forum, maybe we should just ban all talk of everything else rl untill the world cup has finished?

Edited by shun, 22 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#8 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Obviously you as you decided to read the thread and comment.

#9 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Rovers fans. ;-)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#10 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Forget about the Dulls fans infatuation with Michael Dobson.

He would be mad to sign for Hull. Apart from the hostility he would feel everyday in the city and the fact he would be heartbroken over his love affair with the Robins.....

If he chooses to return to England he will have the choice of all the top clubs ..and for 2015 they can work within their salary cap to pay the best package.

Why would he ever choose Hull, a club in disarray where he would be lumbered in being the man to carry the team, a team that has a pub landlord as coach and sees Pallasena as a top signing.

Daft lad? Probably not that daft or desperate.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I've missed your quality input Steve, good to see you've still got it.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Rovers fans. ;-)

Impressive foresight, I'll. grant you that.

#13 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thought the season ended mid September!
Will be at the home game on Saturday followed by Rovers PNG game Sunday . Any Hull players worth watching out for at these games?
What the hell is going on at Hull? Wembley always was an albatross!

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Rovers fans. ;-)

Impressive foresight, I'll. grant you that.

It was indeed.

Straight out of the Gypsy Boswell handbook.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Halves aren't exactly free off the shelf. They are hard to get.

In saying that, Sam Powell and Gareth O'brien are unlikely to play first team footy any time soon, so Mr Pearson should open the chequebook and land a young halves pair that could steer the black and Whites around for the next decade.

I would like them to sign Joe Mellor - just for the reaction of VW.

People called Romans they go the house

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

I would like them to sign Joe Mellor - just for the reaction of VW.

:biggrin: 

I was tempted to suggest this but I thought the Samaritans were busy enough.

#17 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Forget about the Dulls fans infatuation with Michael Dobson.

He would be mad to sign for Hull. Apart from the hostility he would feel everyday in the city and the fact he would be heartbroken over his love affair with the Robins.....

If he chooses to return to England he will have the choice of all the top clubs ..and for 2015 they can work within their salary cap to pay the best package.

Why would he ever choose Hull, a club in disarray where he would be lumbered in being the man to carry the team, a team that has a pub landlord as coach and sees Pallasena as a top signing.

Daft lad? Probably not that daft or desperate.

Get him back to spearhead a new merged side in a brave new franchised Super League.

He would jump at it.

The fans deserve it.

Lots of you will scoff but this could very easily happen, and it most certainly should. I for one would be delighted if it did.

#18 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Ben Roberts is off contract.

Graig Gower  ;)

Have a flick through here, maybe there is a pair of Halves in the bargain Bin.

http://www.news.com....f-1226745192372

#19 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Get him back to spearhead a new merged side in a brave new franchised Super League.

He would jump at it.

The fans deserve it.

Lots of you will scoff but this could very easily happen, and it most certainly should. I for one would be delighted if it did.

Great idea.

We have got our own ground ...Craven Park, no more rents to the KC and Hull return to their roots east of the river

We have got an experienced top 8 coach...Craig Sandercock, the pub landlord can be his assistant

We can get rid of some deadwood ie Ellis Miller Paea most of the rest have already gone or are going

We can have a Chairman who actually loves his club, goodbye Mr Pearson

We can merge with the Allams Hull City and their money to form a Sporting Club

We have the obvious merged name HULL ....KINGSTON ROVERS

Dreamland!

#20 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

There is a wall going spare over here if anyone wants to bang their head against it for a bit.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde