Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

No

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I would.
He's a liability.

A cynical move to get him to Cov. Shame on you.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

They would if they had any sense. He's a time bomb waiting to go off.

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

They would if they had any sense. He's a time bomb waiting to go off ...

.... to Odsal with any luck.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

.... to Odsal with any luck.

No chance of any damage?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

No chance of any damage?

We had a minor earthquake earlier this year.

The Council put the rates up.

:biggrin:

#8 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

A cynical move to get him to Cov. Shame on you.

No, no, no we had a guy from Wakefield once that taught us that troublemakers aren't worth taking a chance on.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

They would if they had any sense. He's a time bomb waiting to go off.

waiting? 

#10 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I think Mr Noble knew what he was getting when he signed him. I wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole. When I told our lass that he'd been kicked out of the England squad "Ha! What did I tell you? Nothing but trouble.", was the immediate reply.

Unfortunately you can just see a few frustrating years ahead of him, with probably some highs and extreme lows. I just hope that he, as an individual, manages to get through the other side, unscathed.

#11 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

No chance of any damage?

At the Wembley of the north!!!!

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

I think Mr Noble knew what he was getting when he signed him. I wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole. When I told our lass that he'd been kicked out of the England squad "Ha! What did I tell you? Nothing but trouble.", was the immediate reply.

Unfortunately you can just see a few frustrating years ahead of him, with probably some highs and extreme lows. I just hope that he, as an individual, manages to get through the other side, unscathed.

It's when he gets to the other side that's the worry. He's acting like this in the relatively protected, controlled world of sport. How he'll deal with life after that makes me worry, not just for him but for those around him.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I think Mr Noble knew what he was getting when he signed him.

I do wonder what will happen here - Nobby ususally has quite a low tolerance level for "characters", although I was reminded Nobby took charge of Hock at Wigan during his drugs ban, although wasn't around when Hock returned. I think the issue might be at Salford - as it seems to have been the case with England - is he a disruption to the whole squad? I guess we'll find out. As it stands, I can't say Paramatta will be particularly upset that they missed out on Hock playing for them next year.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#14 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

I don't think we should drop him, but with Hock, Gleeson, Smith, Chase, Johnson, we should consider dropping the Red Devils nickname and go for "Ocean's Thirteen" instead.

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Nobby played alongside Tony Fisher (I think), Alan Rathbone, Ellery Hanley, Henderson Gill and Len Casey. He understands a volatile player.

#16 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Nobby's nest is the best place for him, I cant see anyone else in superleague being able to cope with Hock's mood swings. Having suffered depression I see Hock as being on a very slippery slope downwards, and I hope he hits rock bottom while he is still playing so he gets the help he needs because he will be pretty lonely when people stop wanting his talents.

Really really sad. Great player, when he can be ar$%d and one the Aussies would never like playing against.

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Nobby's nest is the best place for him, I cant see anyone else in superleague being able to cope with Hock's mood swings. Having suffered depression I see Hock as being on a very slippery slope downwards, and I hope he hits rock bottom while he is still playing so he gets the help he needs because he will be pretty lonely when people stop wanting his talents.

Really really sad. Great player, when he can be ar$%d and one the Aussies would never like playing against.

Yes. His playing talent has (to a large degree) been wasted.

Let's hope his life isn't. I hope that John Wilkin's mob are all over him at the moment.

People called Romans they go the house

#18 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Let's hope his life isn't. I hope that John Wilkin's mob are all over him at the moment.

I agree with that, he will need support and not just from Koukash who may pander to his asset, but from Wilkins lot and the RFL.

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Nobby played alongside Tony Fisher (I think), Alan Rathbone, Ellery Hanley, Henderson Gill and Len Casey. He understands a volatile player.

I don't think Len was volatile.

He was a dirty #### all the time.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes. As much as I don't like his actions, we should remember the Terry Newton tragedy as a reminder that players are just human like the rest of us.

I saw Bobbie Goulding pleading for people not to abuse him etc.

He has been punished, we should draw a line under it and move on, hopefully he will get any support he needs and get back to doing what he does well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users