Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Richard Moore released

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

id say a big mistake, thought he was awesome, a pity hes probably well out of most championship clubs pay bracket.Never let us down though when he turned out for Hunslet.Good luck to the lad.

Posted Image

#2 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

think they r trying to push him onto wake with aiton coming to leeds and rumours of Poore too

#3 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Well said .K O L. Needs to be Our Next Player/Coach .I wouldnt begrudge payin him 30K....A MUST for 2015!!!.Am Amazed we couldnt do A Swap deal ,with our d/r club taking Barry !!! BUT then again , they can probably see 'His TRUE Potential'………

#4 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

[quote name="HUNSLET72" post="2814322" timestamp="1382506205"]

Well said .K O L. Needs to be Our Next Player/Coach .I wouldnt begrudge payin him 30K....A MUST for 2015!!!.Am Amazed we couldnt do A Swap deal ,with our d/r club taking Barry !!! BUT then again , they can probably see 'His TRUE Potential'………[/quotehttp://m.yorkshireev...stant-1-6150652
Looks like they have, now wipe off that egg ;-)

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

[quote name="HUNSLET72" post="2814322" timestamp="1382506205"]

Well said .K O L. Needs to be Our Next Player/Coach .I wouldnt begrudge payin him 30K....A MUST for 2015!!!.Am Amazed we couldnt do A Swap deal ,with our d/r club taking Barry !!! BUT then again , they can probably see 'His TRUE Potential'………[/quotehttp://m.yorkshireev...stant-1-6150652
Looks like they have, now wipe off that egg ;-)

As the YEP started doing a comic now , Good in terms of attacking (Eaton) :haha:  , Pickled Eggs are nice at the Village Gaz .............

#6 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well said .K O L. Needs to be Our Next Player/Coach .I wouldnt begrudge payin him 30K....A MUST for 2015!!!.Am Amazed we couldnt do A Swap deal ,with our d/r club taking Barry !!! BUT then again , they can probably see 'His TRUE Potential'………

How do you do it Hunslet72? - Tarot cards, a Crystal ball or maybe you're Mystic Meg. Looks like your mates have seen his true potential and decided to utilise it.

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Shame he's not gone permanently
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

BE is a good community coach, it's rugby and man management that let him down.

Where does the figure of £30k come from?

Agree with most of the comments on Richard Morre - but what some of our fans want and what Richard Moore wants are probably two different things,

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

BE is a good community coach, it's rugby and man management that let him down.
Where does the figure of £30k come from?
Agree with most of the comments on Richard Morre - but what some of our fans want and what Richard Moore wants are probably two different things,

I totally agree about richard moore. I've heard The same thing about eaton being good in the community but at tge end of the day barry its results that count as a coach, but hey ho its all been said before

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

.... RESULT .... Things can ONLY GET BETTER .... YEE HA !!!!

#11 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

How do you do it Hunslet72? - Tarot cards, a Crystal ball or maybe you're Mystic Meg. Looks like your mates have seen his true potential and decided to utilise it.

....YES. He's gonna fit in well .. to what basicly are a team of "Hasbeens"… Que...'There on the road to Nowhere'…………………HAPPY DAYS.......

#12 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Think your all getting carried away do you really think richard moore would go to hunslet for 30 grand he got more than that in the saint and that was in black and white

#13 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I totally agree about richard moore. I've heard The same thing about eaton being good in the community but at tge end of the day barry its results that count as a coach, but hey ho its all been said before

indeed it is results that count, but what a lot of you seem to fail to grasp is its results factored against the talent/cost of the squad. Had everyone in the championship spent the same money on their squads then yes it would be a very poor season and they'd be every right to sack the coach but as the top clubs will have spent 3/4 times as much & even the likes of York spending well over 50% more than Hunslet then to be so close to so many teams was a massive achievement in itself.

Then again I shouldn't be shocked you can't see this as you're the same group who think ansell & helliwell should have been kicking from scrums, which not only does this very rarely work neither of these two had the skill to pull it off.

#14 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

indeed it is results that count, but what a lot of you seem to fail to grasp is its results factored against the talent/cost of the squad. Had everyone in the championship spent the same money on their squads then yes it would be a very poor season and they'd be every right to sack the coach but as the top clubs will have spent 3/4 times as much & even the likes of York spending well over 50% more than Hunslet then to be so close to so many teams was a massive achievement in itself.

Then again I shouldn't be shocked you can't see this as you're the same group who think ansell & helliwell should have been kicking from scrums, which not only does this very rarely work neither of these two had the skill to pull it off.

what you on about??? Show me where I've mentioned ansell or helliwell. That squad of players were good enough to stay up SIMPLES!!!!!

#15 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Id rather have geri helliwell playing with me than roger moore

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Id rather have geri helliwell playing with me than roger moore

Her dad Keith , wanted to legalize drugs......... :drag:

#17 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

what you on about??? Show me where I've mentioned ansell or helliwell. That squad of players were good enough to stay up SIMPLES!!!!!

apologies if you weren't part of kick from scrums group but most of the other people calling for Eaton to be sacked were. However if you agree that Ansell & helliwell weren't good enough this year it undermines your point about the squad being good enough to stay up. Had we had the coyles all year then I would agree that we should have stayed up, but as we went 2/3rd's of the season with halves that weren't good enough it doesn't matter how good the rest of the squad is.

#18 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

apologies if you weren't part of kick from scrums group but most of the other people calling for Eaton to be sacked were. However if you agree that Ansell & helliwell weren't good enough this year it undermines your point about the squad being good enough to stay up. Had we had the coyles all year then I would agree that we should have stayed up, but as we went 2/3rd's of the season with halves that weren't good enough it doesn't matter how good the rest of the squad is.

agreed but who signs the players?? If its barry eaton then the buck surely stops with him still. I would have offered danny rats a good deal to come back, he could have filled that hole for us. The lads a real class act

#19 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Its seem to me that the people defending barry eaton are the same ones that got rid of paul march and graham hallas

#20 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

agreed but who signs the players?? If its barry eaton then the buck surely stops with him still. I would have offered danny rats a good deal to come back, he could have filled that hole for us. The lads a real class act

if they were the only lads we could afford at the time then its pretty hard call for someone's head based on 2 players that (no offence to the lads) wouldn't be first choice of any pro club. Danny rats may well have done a job but could Hunslet afford him? Given that he hasn't played pro for 2 years I guess he's priced himself out of the market completely, never mind a small club like us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users