RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ewan dowes.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

On twitter it says that ewan will explain in the news and star why hes played his last pro rl game. I take it that means were another prop lighter for next year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

I think he is moving back to Yorkshire.

#3 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

Will he also explain why he was largely pony past season?

#4 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Has your squad been completed and how you looking as a team for next season?Goodluck Worky.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Cheers Ewan but I'd have been looking to move on anyway . Bar two or three games he just seemed to have lost all fizz , and was nothing like his reputation sayed he should have been . Must be looking for more explosive running and grunt than Ewan showed for the majority .

#6 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Tbh I would of liked to see him again next season brilliant in defence and he's work rate is good too

#7 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

I only seen him play 3 times last season, twice v haven and v Leigh. Wasn't very impressed with
Him in any of those games.

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I heard a rumour he was gonna play local RU. I thank him for his services if he is leaving but have to say from his time with us it wont be a massive miss. I expected more from an ex SL player than what we saw as fans. however I wish him well for the future.

Edited by town4me, 23 October 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Ok so maybe he wasn't in his best form but I think he has done a good job for us. It's very easy to be critical but it's a thankless task playing at prop.
Ewan has my thanks and good luck for the future.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I agree Voodooguru and all the best to Ewan for the future.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Agree with Voodooguru also, its a shame he never quite hit the heights we hoped but he did a job. good luck to him for the future.

#12 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I agree with the above, a steady player, didn't make many mistakes, all the best Ewan what ever you do, good luck marra.

#13 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think acton outshined him up top but he was coming into his own and a good leader, losing him up top too is a big blow, glad we have young mcavoy but we need another few now a big mean go forward guy and a natural big experienced guy, glad coward decided to stay though

#14 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I would like to see Thacks sign back on

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Definitely need a couple more barnstorming props . I also think Shacks future may be in the front row . He has the physicality and his natural speed is an asset up the guts . He may need to evolve there to get more game time . Either way he's a perfect squad player . A guy like Richard Moore would do a good job at our level , but Adam Walne would be my go -to guy number one .

Edited by DavidM, 23 October 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#16 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Would have been more disappointed had Kris Coward retired, which probably sums up how disappointing Ewan has been (nothing against Kris who really stepped up), all the best to him though.

#17 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Any word on the walne boys? Thanks doesn't seem to be on our radar this year but with the money saved from thacks, calders and dowes surly we can attract some new lads, acton was a good player who other young fellas can just look at too see what a season with us does

#18 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Dowes one of the most disappointing signings in a long while??

Forget about thacks - new blood needed...

#19 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Disappointing signing I don't think so

#20 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Dowes one of the most disappointing signings in a long while??

Forget about thacks - new blood needed...

Wrong twice this late at night, well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users