Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ewan dowes.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Ewan didn't live up to most peaoples expectations but he was a solid player who gave his all and will be missed, we are looking a bit lightweight in the prop department, the Walne brothers would be great for us.
All the best for the future Ewan and thanks for your efforts.

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

I would expect both walnes are waiting to see where they stand at salford with all the new signings they make. I would expect to see at least one of them up here next year, either on loan or as a townie permanently.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I thought The crack was thacks has gone to Oz. If not I'd be suprised if he came back up here.

#24 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I don't think the coach and board want him back to be honest so the Thackeray crack is done as far as I'm concerned

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Probably make him an offer he can refuse ...

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

I would be shocked if thacks stayed next year. He was excellant in our promotion year and towards the back end of last season he was back to his old self. But I think with him being outspoken and having his own strong opinions might cost him a place with us next year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'd still have him, and from talking to him on Facebook he'd like to stay. Looks to me like he gets frustrated being substituted which IMO shows he wants to be out there doing his stuff.
Never gives less than 100%

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I guess it comes down to the difference between what we're willing to pay and what he's willing to accept . If he wants to stay he may have to accept new terms and new circumstances . I wouldn't be fussed either way really , there's a few props out there you could target to do the job , who may be , ahem , a little less outspoken as wonky says .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users