Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Eng v Ire tickets ( non arrival)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Les Ironcats

Les Ironcats
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ordered tickets for this game on the 19th of July, in with a batch of other games. All the other tickets arrived in good time but still no sign of the Eng Ireland tickets. Virtually impossible to get through to the Customer Care option 2 number, been trying continuously since last Monday. Is anybody else in this position, or has anybody managed to get any sort of reassurances from the RFL ?

#2 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Still not received mine yet.

If they are not here by Monday I will chase up

#3 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Ditto

#4 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

I was in the ticket office yesterday as I experienced the same problem. Its safe to say that they were EXTREMELY busy. Whilst that might not solve this issue for people, for the wider game that can only be a good thing. My tickets were printed there and then and I was given assurances that it was only a printing glitch and that people don't need to worry about seats being sold again or falling into the hands of other people.

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,068 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Me, too. Two calls to RFL ( not Ticketmaster)

First time I got through some weeks ago was told they had been printed but not yet dispatched.

Second time I got through, last Friday I think, was told there had been a problem with some blocks of tickets for this game. The very helpful RFL girl said she'd cancel them and reissue them and if they hadn't arrived by 28th  to get in touch again.

#6 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

I just manned up and braved the hour long wait on the RFL ticket hotline. I spoke to a very helpful girl who explained that quite a number of people had been affected by this cock-up and that they had a list they were currently working down, getting all the tickets reprinted and delivered. She confirmed that I was on the list and also explained that due to them being incredibly busy at the moment, it might take a few days for them to work down this list.

She also confirmed that there is no danger whatsoever of anybody affected by this issue actually missing the game, and in a worse case scenario of them not being delivered in time they would be able to make arrangements to collect tickets from the stadium on the day of the game.

#7 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

RFL just telephoned about missing tickets for Neath game. Tickets are being reprinted. Better response to e-mail than option 2 customer services.

#8 Les Ironcats

Les Ironcats
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the replies, more reassured that tickets have not gone astray. My main concern was that with the ticket office seemingly inundated with enquiries,, scores of potentially ticketless people trying to get through on Monday would be a recipe for chaos.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting tickets, I just need Hudds and Wembley.

#9 RICHARD OLLETT

RICHARD OLLETT
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

My tickets arrived yesterday and going to Cardiff on Saturday ..................

#10 Les Ironcats

Les Ironcats
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Wembley tickets just arrived. Just leaves Huddersfield

#11 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm still waiting for tickets for Ireland v Fiji on Monday......

#12 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Awaiting my Australia v Ireland tickets, not going to pester them just yet!

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Same story here.

Though I got through on the phone within seconds.  Just lucky ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#14 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm a postman and can confirm over the last few days there has been a dramatic increase in the number of RLWC tickets in our office.  It would appear the RFL are working hard to get them out.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I would imagine they're working to avoid 10000 phone calls on Monday at all costs ......

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

About time the RFL bought a new printer by the sounds of it
My CC tickets arrived in well good time this summer - and then another set telling me to bin the first set as they wouldn't work.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#17 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

[q just telephoned about missing tickets for Neath game. Tickets are being reprinted. Better response to e-mail than option 2 customer services.
This was followed by a further telephone call from RFL to assure me that reprinted tickets are being sent.

#18 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,003 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I rang the RFL this morning, (option 2).I had to wait about 20 minutes but was told of the error and are sending me out new ones. Apparently the replacement ones will have 'duplicate' written on them but they are the ones that have priority if someone is sat in your seat!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#19 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone on here actually received tickets for this match???

#20 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone on here actually received tickets for this match???

good question. Not just on here that I've seen people talking about this but also on FB and Twitter.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users