Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Premier Sports/Virgin Media

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Have L package on Virgin only but Premier and BT sports are all now showing,get in

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I believe my parents have the M package so hopefully it will be on there too as that's where I'm basing myself for most of the RLWC.

They never record to that box either so I should be able to keep matches on there indefinately!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 brooza

brooza
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Confirmed it's on the M/M+ package

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#24 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Fantastic news! :)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#25 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Xmas has most definitely come early this year, I have VM's M package and Premier Sports is on there.  

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#26 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Premier Sports to be shown on Virgin Media in time for RLWC2013

http://www.totalrl.c...e-for-rlwc2013/

Premier Sports has announced an agreement with Virgin Media that will see RLWC2013 becoming available to the cable provider’s four million homes and bringing to an end years of negotiation.
The announcement comes three years after the station began showing Rugby League’s Championship and Championship One games, and after the Parliamentary Rugby League Group intervened by writing to the Chief Executive of Virgin Media imploring the provider to grant the station a slot on its platform in time for the tournament.
Premier Sports Executive Producer, Neal Coupland was quick to thank the Group for its assistance and its involvement saying "The Parliamentary Rugby League Group has been tremendous in its support for Premier Sports in drawing this saga to a close.  As soon as we got in touch with them, they sprang into action and I have no doubt that their pressure, combined the support of Rugby League fans who became aware of the issue, compelled Virgin Media to reconsider their position.”
The decision comes just in time to catch all Rugby League World Cup games and the opening ceremony at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. This means Premier Sports is available to 14 million homes including the 10 million with Sky.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Group, Leeds North West MP Greg Mulholland, praised the decision: “This is tremendous news for Rugby League and sports fans.  RLWC2013 will be a fantastic spectacle and one that as many people as possible can celebrate.  Virgin Media’s decision to show Premier Sports enables people to see Rugby League played at the highest level and is absolutely right for the athletes, fans, sponsors and the sport generally.  Well done to both sides in getting it done.
“Now – let’s look forward to the best ever World Cup!”

Edited by League Express, 25 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Great news.

Even better I discovered this by accident when trawling the channels just after cancelling Sky Sports. Even if I have to pay a sub for Premier next year I will struggle to justify resubscribing to Sky again.

Maybe this will signal the end for SL?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 oldhead

oldhead
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have the m package and its on my tv. Don't know if this is part of the free bt sports weekend or not ? Does anybody know ?

#29 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Its like being a kid at Christmas. Well done Virgin/Premier :D

Just told the wife and for some reason she isn't as impressed as me.

Posted Image

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

According to the Virgin website it's free to ALL customers until the end of the year.

Great stuff - I can't see me renewing with Sky Sports now.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users