6 clubs walk out of SL meeting over restructuring

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_13615-six-clubs-walk-out-of-super-league-meeting.html

FFS ......its a joke

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

6 walked leaving 8 wanting the restructuring, to me that's a winning vote any way?

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

They should of voted without them. These clubs have had plenty of money over the years To improve the game as a unit of one the money needs spreading out more and these greedy chairmen don't want that

#4 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Could see this coming, SL club Chairman being greedy. I propose that all Championship & Championship one clubs supporters bombard the clubs forums which walked out of the meeting. Plus all there own supporters who know that we should bring back promotion and relegation , and distribute monies more fairly. Its obvious RL can not do anything as SL have taken all the power.
The only way to stop our beloved game going into self destruct is supporter power as far as I can see.
Does anyone know how to set up a petition sight? I'm not that computer savy and send it to RL.

I think we will be surprised in how many SL supporters, and players agree with us who wants to watch your team play another team three to four times in a regular season then in cup comp's boring! We (the supporters) are the ones who pay our money to watch our team, some Chairman of some clubs need reminding of this it's not their game/team they are only there temporarily, a supporter is there for life. RU must be in stitches looking at what is happening, or is it some club Chairman are looking over the fence and think the grass is greener?

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

This is all so muddled up now that no sensible decisions can be made. Many fans are not in favour of the 2 x 12, 3 x 8 format that has been proposed but yet it seems that the majority of clubs are voting for this system without knowing how their own fans feel about it. The actions of Ian Lenegan and the other 5 clubs are preventing the RFL from imposing this system on us but they, the six, are doing it for the wrong reasons.

The six clubs all have their own beef with the RFL, two of them because they will not be getting £120k for them to run an academy and others backing Lenegan's view that the SL clubs should run their own competition and keep all the Sky money.

The RFL believed that everyone was in agreement with their favoured system (2 x 12, 3 x 8 ) and had even broadcast how much funding Championship clubs would be receiving. That is why they have so many Championship clubs wanting this meeting to go ahead to a vote but how many, deep down, want this new system?

Edited by Keith T, 24 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

I think you are partly right with your anallasis, my personal opinion with having a little insight of how we got to this point is that for Championship clubs wanted promotion/relegation to return SL came up with the revised league structure, this followed by SL trying to take over some Championship clubs by offering U23 players to clubs, which they then whent on to abuse by loaning other senior players to Championship clubs. SL decided to drop there U23 teams, they did it his in order to have more money available for 1st teams.

Personally looking from the sidelines I think the way SL were hoping to go was to move into Championship clubs. Like Rochdale, Swinton, Hunslet, ect and run them as a A team free of charge as the Championship clubs money would pay for it. Like any other business after a short space of time suggest that it is not financially viable to run two stadiums and offer there full facilities to there partner Championship club, fully incorporating the Championship club into the SL club therefor having access to the Championship clubs finances. Result being the SL club having extra finances coming in, saved the cost of U23, and most of all done away with a Championship club which we all know they want to starve Championship out of RL. Mr Lenegan and his gang of six should be ashamed of themselves, some of the six clubs were in Championship not so long ago, how quick they forget how all Championship struggled to keep the gate open for them to get promotion?

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

My point is are the Championship clubs voting with the RFL for the system that many fans don't want OR are they voting for the extra cash that is promised under the new structure? I think that question is easily answered.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

The 6 clubs walk out was a clear gesture of "No confidence" in the RFL and the clowns running our game. Hetheringtons little outburst is only due to the fact he is worried the RFL won't be in Leeds pocket.

Rugby league can ill afford another season with no major competition sponsor like last season.

Ask yourselves how RU can sell 80,000 tickets for a regular fixture and RL thinks it is doing well when we get a crowd of 18,000?

The Stobbart deal was a clear indication that the game is governed & run by idiots. Brian Barwick wouldn't know a rugby ball if it walked over and introduced itself. Speaking of balls, they couldn't even get the bloody ball right last year.....I believe Cussons Pearl are providing this years !

Edited by gary high, 24 October 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#9 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's been said that a majority of 8 over 6 wins but I'm not sure it does. If it is an EGM I think it requires 75% in favour.vote.

What a total mess for the greatest game of all and just before the World Cup. It's very difficult to see how it is going to end.

Posted Image

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

Michael it will end with Wigan getting there own way as usual ;)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users