Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

S/L meeting

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Incidentally, before Andrew Vause or Jimmy B get on the case, I'm not actually blaming Terry Clawson for his playing career being Rugby League's darkest days.  Not his fault.

Just saying, like.

Can we just stick to the subject of the thread i.e.S/L meeting.

If you want to discuss Tery Clawson, his book or the "dark days" of RL then start a new thread.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#22 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

as for the meeting, the 6 who walked out are a disgrace. the number of changes championship clubs have had forced upon them by s/l clubs are numerous. the first time this lot don't get their own way, they disrupt the whole process. as i said earlier, a stand has to be made now and the democratic process must be followed.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#23 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Any club who DR with these six should also be ashamed as they are not in it to benefit the championship club they are with they have proved that today

Well you seem to have no problem with Warrington players who can't get into their first team. ;) .

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

And I bet you won't even call when you move to that big Superleague

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I reckon we need a meeting of all clubs. The Championship clubs are members of the RL as well. Lets start off with one vote per club so a fair feeling of the members is passed on a vote. If any club walks out then they have by their actions abstained from the voting and the results should then be implemented. If they don't like it then tough cheddar they are the ones to walk away. Let us be democratic and go with what the majority wants. Changes need to be made but walking away in a sulk is not the way to achieve them.

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Well you seem to have no problem with Warrington players who can't get into their first team. ;) .

He's here for the full season and training permanently at Fev there's a big difference although if we carry on at this rate we will be loaning players out

Anyway back on topic does anyone know when the 6 clubs will be picking there jelly babies up and have another meeting

Edited by jt, 24 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#27 John W

John W
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have sat and listened to the live broadcast of the Hull FC fans forum tonight, and Adam Pearson was asked about the meeting the other night. His response was firstly that he is in favour of a 12 team SL with a straight one up one down promotion and relegation. It had been agreed that the next meeting about this was to be after the world cup (not at a standard SLE meeting). Lots more said about the politics of certain people and the issue isn't with P&R but the lack of structure going forward. As it was a free live streem hopefully they will put it up to listen to on the website in the next couple of days, if you can stand the normal forum stuff and wait for the specific questions it makes for good listening

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Life is full of peaks and hollows. If you are on the top of the world as sure as God made little apples something will happen to pull the skids from under you. Then if you are down something turns up to cheer you up. I call it the Cosmic Joker. He is always around having fun. Just take it as it comes because it will happen anyway.

#29 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Would that be the dark days when we beat Australia in Australia to win the World Cup? The days of Boston, Van Vollenhoven, Karalius, Clews, Bevan, Nash, Hardisty, Murphy, Shoebottom, Whiteley, Sullivan C, Millward, Thompson, Bishop, el al. A time when nations like Wales and France could compete with the best to form a meaningful, if elongated and drawn out World Cup system.

A time when outposts such as Barrow and Workington had pride and could stand shoulder to shoulder with the best and attracted crowds of 15000 regularly.

A time when I fell in love with the game of heroes AND STUCK WITH THE TEAM OF MY FATHER.
The times when little Featherstone Rovers were part of 40 and 50000 crowds in RL semi finals, the days before dare I say it before a Sheffield existed. God knows who you followed then and have subsequently fallen out of love with.

The days when skill was rewarded with great respect, when Players played with loyalty whilst holding down a tremendously difficult manual job.

Days when you knew 80% of the opposition as they ran on to the field.

Yeah they were pretty dark days! But I enjoyed them.

Well said , get the champ clubs the vote , lets get back to rugby and not ego chairman...........

#30 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Gary Hetherington's thoughts on the six clubs that walked out, taken from the Leeds web-site. 

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/21696.

The reason behind both Hull clubs walkout taken from the Hull Daily Mail.

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

#31 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Gary Hetherington's thoughts on the six clubs that walked out, taken from the Leeds web-site. 

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/21696.

The reason behind both Hull clubs walkout taken from the Hull Daily Mail.

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

Hull fc didn't seem to have a problem with 2 Hetheringtons when Kath was at their club.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#32 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Several posts on this thread, unrelated to the topic have been removed.

Can I ask again, please stick to the subject and not go off on tangents.

As you may have noticed I have started a new thead covering the so called "darkest days".

Your co-operation will be appechiated.

Jimmy B

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#33 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

London's future still not decided for 2014.

http://www.therfl.co...lace-broncos-in

#34 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

At this rate I don't think they are capable of playing in the championship next season.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users