Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

http://www.batleybul...igns-on-again-2

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Delighted by this. A real plus.

#3 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Good signing. I thought he had a decent season this year, and not just because of the super try!
SIGNATURE

#4 phildog

phildog
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Alex has never had a bad season IMO, and despite being 3 years older he still fits in well at centre, and has a head on him. Think back to the Hawks away game and that grubber kick for the last try. And THAT try! If it had been Ryan Hall it would have been all over the place. That piece of skill got us to the final in my opinion as it enabled us to be in a position to challenge Leigh.

#5 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Alex has never had a bad season IMO, and despite being 3 years older he still fits in well at centre, and has a head on him. Think back to the Hawks away game and that grubber kick for the last try. And THAT try! If it had been Ryan Hall it would have been all over the place. That piece of skill got us to the final in my opinion as it enabled us to be in a position to challenge Leigh.

Neither did he ever have a bad season when he was at Dewsbury. If I remember correctly he played stand off for us more than once when he first came to Dewsbury. Strong enough to be a forward yet clever enough to play in key postions in the backs, and as you say can come up with a try out of nowhere every now and again, (I think he did it to you in a cup tie at the Mount when he was at Dewsbury). I don't think there is a club in our division that wouldn't be chuffed to have him in their squad.

#6 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Neither did he ever have a bad season when he was at Dewsbury. If I remember correctly he played stand off for us more than once when he first came to Dewsbury. Strong enough to be a forward yet clever enough to play in key postions in the backs, and as you say can come up with a try out of nowhere every now and again, (I think he did it to you in a cup tie at the Mount when he was at Dewsbury). I don't think there is a club in our division that wouldn't be chuffed to have him in their squad.

Brev would have still been with us given the choice IMO - the then coach, however, didn't see fit to offer him a new contract if memory serves me correct. Not just a good player but unswervingly loyal, like Danny M - personally I'd have him back like a shot. Genuinely hope he goes well for you next season (except against us of course), and if JK is any kind of judge, he'll be one of the first names down on the team sheet every week. You lucky people. ;)  

#7 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Yes great to have him on board,he got that extra quality about him,not bad kicker,passer or reader of game,bit like Davies

#8 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

In League Express JK says that he sees Scott and Davies as the second rowers and Brev playing more in the centre this coming season. Says he is vastly under-rated by people in that position.

#9 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Think would be a good centre for us,shown can play there,didn't he play their against Leigh and scored a try Ryan hall would be proud off,can't see why couldn't play there week in week out

#10 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Great news getting brev back on board, one of our best key players..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users