Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Does ANYONE believe this?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Does ANYONE believe this? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Does anyone believe plod here?

1. Yes (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. No (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

3. Undecided (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

My local head bobby. I believe you. Honest.

http://www.westmerci...rce=twitterfeed

Edited by Larry the Leit, 24 October 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

A law unto themselves, lying and corruption seems to be a core skill requirement in the force these days

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

A law unto themselves, lying and corruption seems to be a core skill requirement in the force these days

My four year old could pick holes in that nonsense, and yet here they are announcing it on twitter as if it's something to be proud of.

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,676 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

1. Mr Vaz said their (Jones,  MacKaill, Hinton) answers had been "most unsatisfactory" and he would be calling their media adviser ( the local Cops Union PR) , John Gaunt, to answer questions about his role in the affair.

2 . http://www.dailymail...death-mask.html

3. It ain't over yet.

I watched almost all of it  on live TV and it was clear to everyone ( and yes, there were hoots of derision as the three oafs lied openly to Parliament)  that Jones  MacKaill, Hinton had set the whole thing up to discredit Mitchell as part of a battle against having to work smarter   not something all cops are able to do.

Particularly horrifying is the section at page 117 of this: http://www.parliamen...BLIC - full.pdf 

f I may paraphrase the Chief Constable of West Mids Police, "If it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck , if it quacks like a duck, if it lays duck eggs, has dick feathers...its not a duck"

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

1. Mr Vaz said their (Jones,  MacKaill, Hinton) answers had been "most unsatisfactory" and he would be calling their media adviser ( the local Cops Union PR) , John Gaunt, to answer questions about his role in the affair.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

From his Wikipedia page:

In 2002, Vaz was suspended from the House of Commons for one month after a Committee on Standards and Privileges inquiry found that he had made false allegations against Eileen Eggington, a former policewoman. The committee concluded that "Mr Vaz recklessly made a damaging allegation against Miss Eggington to the Commissioner, which was not true, and which could have intimidated Miss Eggington or undermined her credibility".

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,676 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Doesn't make him wrong though.  People at the hearing were laughing at Jones,  MacKaill, Hinton.   

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Pot. Kettle. Black.

From his Wikipedia page:
In 2002, Vaz was suspended from the House of Commons for one month after a Committee on Standards and Privileges inquiry found that he had made false allegations against Eileen Eggington, a former policewoman. The committee concluded that "Mr Vaz recklessly made a damaging allegation against Miss Eggington to the Commissioner, which was not true, and which could have intimidated Miss Eggington or undermined her credibility".

You don't have to be spotlessly clean in character to point out a liar.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

f I may paraphrase the Chief Constable of West Mids Police, "If it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck , if it quacks like a duck, if it lays duck eggs, has dick feathers...its not a duck"

:blink:  :ohmy:

My word....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Mudded waters everywhere! Who do you trust nowadays: politicians, police, banks, supermarkets, energy companies, the list seems endless.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Mudded waters everywhere! Who do you trust nowadays: politicians, police, banks, supermarkets, energy companies, the list seems endless.

You missed out radio/Tv presenters, and retired financial advisers.

#11 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

You missed out radio/Tv presenters, and retired financial advisers.

I did say the list was endless! Out of interest, I only ever had one complaint in over 34 years and which went in my favour. A claims management company chose to mislead the regulator. 

No point in not trusting retired advisers anyhow as I would have thought they wouldn't be up to date on financial affairs, never mind it being illegal being seen to offering advice. 

By the way, the pop world isn't without its unsavoury goings on! 

#12 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Dear Ray,

When did you become so serious?

Yours,

A subscriber

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I did say the list was endless! Out of interest, I only ever had one complaint in over 34 years and which went in my favour. A claims management company chose to mislead the regulator.

No point in not trusting retired advisers anyhow as I would have thought they wouldn't be up to date on financial affairs, never mind it being illegal being seen to offering advice.

By the way, the pop world isn't without its unsavoury goings on!

Wind yer neck in mate. Don't forget

Life is too important to be taken seriously

#14 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Dear Ray,

When did you become so serious?

Yours,

A subscriber

Now your're taking me serious! I was only pointing out what happened, because you can add claims management companies to the list. I did say....Out of interest,

Unfortunately people do take advice from retired financial advisers and can get in a mess. 

As for the pop world, it was just having a go back tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps smilies in future would help.  :tongue:

On tour with my dancing fleas!

Edited by Saint Billinge, 25 October 2013 - 07:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users