JPB signed for town rumour

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Rumour is he had signed for us. Anybody else heard anything.

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

was told this a week or so ago.

#3 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Would be a good signing IF its true

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Apparently at the price we have paid the money could have been better spent. Thats according to our regular visitor on here from the haven forum. One haven fan has said on their forum he didnt really stand out against kells this season but he has been corrected and told thats because he wasn't playing in that game lol.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Don't know about this case , but I applaud the club for identifying top local amateur talent as a major recruiting area . In this region it's a no brainer.

Edited by DavidM, 23 October 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

And just how would the regular visitor know how much, if any, fee has been paid or if we have even signed him as he is still playing for Egremont until their season ends? IF it happens to be true then it shows that we give local lads the chance to play in the Championship.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

When does their season finish?

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

And just how would the regular visitor know how much, if any, fee has been paid or if we have even signed him as he is still playing for Egremont until their season ends? IF it happens to be true then it shows that we give local lads the chance to play in the Championship.

that's exactly the question I have asked him by PM Keith. I await a reply.

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

When does their season finish?

They have just qualified for the play-offs in 6th place.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

The clowns down the road don't have a clue about cash! They offered him terms too but the terms they offer can they even produce it if they can't even pay the bus company for away games hahahaven

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

How old he is ?

#12 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Apparently at the price we have paid the money could have been better spent. Thats according to our regular visitor on here from the haven forum. One haven fan has said on their forum he didnt really stand out against kells this season but he has been corrected and told thats because he wasn't playing in that game lol.

haha, seen him a few times last season and he was always heads above the rest of the players on the field, a couple of reports on the NCL thread have  said he was a class player also.

infact i was surprised no1 picked him up last year to tell ya the truth.

its a good signing if true, and i think local players that obviously have the quality to step up should be rewarded by being offered contracts by the local pro clubs!

#13 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

How old he is ?

26? i think, might be wrong.

#14 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I spoke to him on Sunday and he hadnt signed then..he never said he was going to either but maybe he is keeping it hush hush. He is 22/23 year old. He would deffinetly make the step up. Hope he does.
JP is also going to be a dad soon,infact his lass is over due ,maybe signing for Town can pay for nappies ETC.
Up the Mont/Town

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

I spoke to him on Sunday and he hadnt signed then..he never said he was going to either but maybe he is keeping it hush hush. He is 22/23 year old. He would deffinetly make the step up. Hope he does.
JP is also going to be a dad soon,infact his lass is over due ,maybe signing for Town can pay for nappies ETC.
Up the Mont/Town

rumour says it will happen after monts season is finished

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Heard a rumour that haven have made Cotter a very good offer !!!! would hate to see him in a jam shirt, but best of luck to him if he takes it, he's been an outstanding club man.

#17 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Heard a rumour that haven have made Cotter a very good offer !!!! would hate to see him in a jam shirt, but best of luck to him if he takes it, he's been an outstanding club man.

I heard it was money Town couldnt compete with. Good luck to him.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

good luck to cotter if true, I wasnt expecting him to be with us next season anyhow.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

No disrespect but I'd be very very surprised if we tried to keep him in our squad . Time to move on with more quality in a cutthroat league with so much to play for . Walne brothers would be great for us . I wonder if Dave P is staying in Oz ? I'd love to have him back in town .

#20 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

More like it was an offer they didn't want to compete with I would say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users