TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

JPB signed for town rumour

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Wakey have been unloading players, I wonder if they would like to unload Chris Annikin?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I know he signed a two year deal , but the way they are you never know what contracts done before the trouble mean now ?

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Personally think chris is the type of player they will keep hold of as he wont be on big wages
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Well it must be true about JPB signing as it's all over the Haven forum that he is getting £17,000 for signing!!!!! We have heard this so many times before about us paying silly money for players.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

And here's me thinking only Haven could afford that kind of money!

#26 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Told our kid today he hasn't signed, but is this just a smoke screen, suppose time will tell, we have been linked to him many times, but up to press its just been rumours started by someone, he has done most things in the amateur game, to me if he is going to do it has to be very soon or to me he will have missed the boat so to speak, very good player who I think could make, but will we ever get to know!!

#27 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well it must be true about JPB signing as it's all over the Haven forum that he is getting £17,000 for signing!!!!! We have heard this so many times before about us paying silly money for players.

keith, its always the same with most of the haven fans when we are signing any player its always for "daft" money. And with local playersThats to hide their disappointment of missing out on the player to town.

#28 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

17000 ha ha haven these guys crack me up where do they get this trash

#29 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Tony Harrison has tweeted see today's newsandstar for towns huge new signing

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#30 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Callum rowlandson haven rugby union

#31 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Callum rowlandson haven rugby union

No doubt if we do sign him from them certain numpties on that forum will tell us we paid him £30k or something stupid.

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

A week...

#33 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

A week...

30k for training and 30k playing each week. Daaaafffttttt money. Town paying crazy money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users