Central London pub for Saturdays games

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Just to let everyone know that the Hope on Whitfield St is defo showing the England V Australia game and the Wales V Italy games on Saturday, with sound.

He said that they'll put the sound on when it starts on the BBC

#2 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'd be there but I'm going to Cardiff.

Why isn't everybody else?

#3 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'd be there but I'm going to Cardiff.

Why isn't everybody else?

Bazz - for me its down to the extremely high cost of the train. Tried to get an advance couple of tickets about 3 weeks ago but they had none left and it was £80 for a bog standard return.not sure why. I just didnt have the cash. Did buy tickets for Wembley though ont same day.

#4 Garvers

Garvers
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Bazz - for me its down to the extremely high cost of the train. Tried to get an advance couple of tickets about 3 weeks ago but they had none left and it was £80 for a bog standard return.not sure why. I just didnt have the cash. Did buy tickets for Wembley though ont same day.

Poor excuse - you could've got a lift with us.

#5 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Poor excuse - you could've got a lift with us.

He still could perhaps? :)

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#6 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Bumping this up!

#7 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

PM me lobby I've got something you might be interested in.

#8 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

PM me lobby I've got something you might be interested in.

Sorry Gavin I cant seem to sort out the inboxing.

Looking forward to watching this with anyone in London not going to the game

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Could someone please ring Lobby and give him a lift?! I want to see this have a happy ending now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Go on Gavin, PM Lobby. It's the right thing to do.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#11 Stevo

Stevo
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

If Lobby gets his backside to Walthamstow Central at 8.00 am tomorrow there'll be a lift for him to Cardiff.

Edited by Stevo, 25 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

It's not a question of coming down to earth, Mr Duxbury. Some of us, Mr Duxbury, belong in the stars.

#12 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

If Lobby gets his backside to Walthamstow Central at 8.00 am tomorrow there'll be a lift for him to Cardiff.

Thanks for the offer Stevo but I cant make it now due to having other responsibilities in the morning. Have a good one tomorrow and I'll see you next weekend for the next matches

#13 Stevo

Stevo
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the offer Stevo but I cant make it now due to having other responsibilities in the morning. Have a good one tomorrow and I'll see you next weekend for the next matches

Fair enough mucka, see you anon!

It's not a question of coming down to earth, Mr Duxbury. Some of us, Mr Duxbury, belong in the stars.

#14 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Skirting boards won't paint themselves!

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#15 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

:(

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#16 Garvers

Garvers
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Never gonna happen....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users