Leaving after Eng v Aus

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

I wonder how many folk will leave after the England Australia game, and how many will stay for Wales-Italy?

I suppose allot will depend on whether England win or not. If they lose, I can see a lot of folk heading back t'up North early, rather than sit through a neutral contest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wonder how many folk will leave after the England Australia game, and how many will stay for Wales-Italy?

I suppose allot will depend on whether England win or not. If they lose, I can see a lot of folk heading back t'up North early, rather than sit through a neutral contest.

It depends how many locals are there. Tournament officials claim that they've sold a good chunk of tickets to people in Wales, so hopefully that should mean a fair few stay for the Wales game. That might be closer and more entertaining than the England-Aus one anyway.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

well we won't be leaving our coach leaves after the second game.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'll be there for both, cheering the home nations on!

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,164 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I hope everyone shows due respect to our Welsh hosts and stays to watch more of The Greatest Game.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Ill be staying for both. Being a true Yorkshire man, if ive paid for both im watching both!!

I dont really get why anyone would leave though other than if they had no choice. Interesting how for the Four Nations game at Wembley a couple of years back it filled up as the Wales v NZ game went on.

Would hope as everyone is already in the ground that few would go anywhere!

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Why on earth would you want to leave after just one game?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

back the up north?

It's time to park the camels.

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Quite a few people will leave the stadium after game 1.

That will be spotted by someone on here, who will bump this thread. Cue general moaning on here and Twitter.

Most of those who left will go for a wander, grab a pint and come back just before the Wales game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,703 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

It's inevitable that some will leave especially if England perform badly. With the stadium being in the centre of Cardiff, people will leave to go the pub, walk around Cardiff etc. I'd like it not to be the case but it's naive to think that we can convince everybody to stay, Millenium Magic shows us that there are many fans who are only really interested in watching their own team.

I doubt it will affect the England game in the same way with Welsh fans not attending because it is a genuinely big game on the RL world stage plus you have the opening ceremony on before it.

#11 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I hear that the WC management team have got the keys to the millenium and are going to lock the exits / cover them with bouncers at half time in the Eng v Aus game. This should ensure that everyone stays in the stadium and enjoys another bloomin' good game... :tease:  

... we should all be grateful that so many people have put so much effort in on our behalf to put this WC on!

#12 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Why on earth would you want to leave after just one game?

Quite right. Stay and support us. Come on Wales.

#13 Lionheart_merged

Lionheart_merged
  • Coach
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

No way will I be leaving.  I'll be cheering on the Welsh.

#14 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

One of the highlights for mine will be the singing of the Welsh national anthem; never heard it sung in Wales at a rugby game - I am sure it will be awesome!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#15 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

What?  There's a game on BEFORE Wales v Italy!!  I may go early then!

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'll be watching both, and in the stadium.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'll be cheering on the welsh in my west country accent wearing my England shirt!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#18 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I'll certainly be staying. The Wales v Italy game is too close to call and could be a cracker. I can see why people might not actively make an effort to go and see it, but to be there and walk away just before it starts makes no sense at all.

#19 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Quite right. Stay and support us. Come on Wales.

The England game is the warm up isn't it? ;)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'll be staying, if only because my coach isn't setting off until after the second match

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users