TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley have signed loose forward Ash Lindsay from Batley

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Gutted and surprised. One of the players who gets the team going forward. I think him and Mauny were instrumental in getting us back to winning ways after the six game slump. And it would have been his testimonial year. 

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Not particularly surprised. He's been a fine servant for us but his best years are definitely behind him. I'm not sure he'd have got much of a look in this coming season with the likelihood of Davies occupying the loose forward slot. Good luck to him at Keighley. His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

Edited by TheTerminator, 24 October 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image

#3 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Whatever he's getting extra at Keighley won't cover what his testimonial would have raised,i wish

him all the best always enjoyed watching and talking to him,but i think he's  made a big mistake.

Only my opinion but best of luck Ash.

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Suspect this is financially motivated. If Ash got a good deal for 12 months, good luck to him. He's sweated blood for the club in his time here and my favourite recollection was when Rhino came knocking for him at the time of the mini-defection and Ash put loyalty first and stayed put. Wish him well at the Cougars apart from when they play us.

#5 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

My mistake. I'm sure he told me that himself, I may have misunderstood.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sad to see him go, but at least its not to those noisy neighbours of ours. Always gave 110%

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Very saddened to see him go. Highlight for me was the try against Barrow a couple or three years ago. 90mtrs, uphill including a handoff. Great memories

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Whatever he's getting extra at Keighley won't cover what his testimonial would have raised,i wish

him all the best always enjoyed watching and talking to him,but i think he's  made a big mistake.

Only my opinion but best of luck Ash.

Do you know if Batley actually offered him a contract for 2014?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Tough as old boots and chickenleys finest, cunningham was certainly suprised during the saints away challenge cup match 2006.

probably his last year as a pro although he could prob do a job at the hawks or knights for years to come.

Thanks ash

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Do you know if Batley actually offered him a contract for 2014?

I believe he was offered terms for next season but declined them in order to accept the offer from Keighley.

#11 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

hope he has a rethink and decides to stay he has batley bulldogs running through his veins, will always be very popular at the mount and would surely have a very rewarding testimonial year.

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

hope he has a rethink and decides to stay he has batley bulldogs running through his veins, will always be very popular at the mount and would surely have a very rewarding testimonial year.

Why on earth would he do that. He has signed for Keighley!

#13 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sounded like he was going to take advantage of the 14 day 'cooling off period' this aft, unless it was the beer talking.

Hope he changes his mind and stays.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#14 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Why on earth would he do that. He has signed for Keighley

because he was listening to a few voices of reason this afternoon and it may have made him re-think ( I certainly hope so)

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

because he was listening to a few voices of reason this afternoon and it may have made him re-think ( I certainly hope so)

So you would expect him to break his contract?

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Not the only person to sign for another team and then have regrets afterwards.

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not the only person to sign for another team and then have regrets afterwards.

Surprisingly being at Batley isn't the be all and end all of everyone's ambitions.

Maybe, just maybe, he prefers the idea of playing regularly and getting paid for doing so than simply being a supplementary squad player. But what should I know?

Edited by Blind side johnny, 26 October 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Bsj maybe you know nothing about the deal he has signed ! For the extra guaranteed ££ he will get it will cost him more in petrol £££ !!!! By the way congratulations on signing a player from batley (halfback) on a 5 figure guaranteed money deal who was on no guaranteed money at batley and win pay only ! ! Let's all laugh at the tipratters !😎😎😎😎😎
Posted Image

#19 greensman01

greensman01
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Surprisingly being at Batley isn't the ba all and end all of everyone's ambitions.

Maybe, just maybe, he prefers the idea of playing regularly and getting paid for doing so than simply being a supplementary squad player. But what should I know?

. . . . . . . . and you want an answer???

#20 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Personally sorry to see him go. 100% player. Strong and hard as nails. Pleasure watching bigger men trying and failing to bring him down. Best of luck. Ash.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users