Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley have signed loose forward Ash Lindsay from Batley

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Bsj what exactly is a supplementary squad player,ash when fit played,he played most games this year and would thus receive said regular payment,so at keighley he would play injured just to be paid regular

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Bsj what exactly is a supplementary squad player,ash when fit played,he played most games this year and would thus receive said regular payment,so at keighley he would play injured just to be paid regular

As Terminator said:

Not particularly surprised. He's been a fine servant for us but his best years are definitely behind him. I'm not sure he'd have got much of a look in this coming season with the likelihood of Davies occupying the loose forward slot. Good luck to him at Keighley. His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

I just reckon players would rather play than watch, especially towards the end of their career. The same applied to Danny Maun - he may have struggled to get picked next season but fancied just one more year.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Bsj maybe you know nothing about the deal he has signed ! For the extra guaranteed ££ he will get it will cost him more in petrol £££ !!!! By the way congratulations on signing a player from batley (halfback) on a 5 figure guaranteed money deal who was on no guaranteed money at batley and win pay only ! ! Let's all laugh at the tipratters !

My opinion lies in tatters at the feet of your eloquence.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

our loss.massive workrate and still good for a couple a seasons.does a lot more on the pitch than some younger lads,am sure he will do keighley proud and fit in well. thanks for some fantastic rugby ash fella.

#25 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Great character. Would have liked him to stay. He's been a great servant to the club and I wish him all the best for the future. Except against us.

#26 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sad to see him go was a great servant to the dogs

#27 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Also sad to see him go, i asked him at presentation night if he was sighning for us nxt season and his exact words was, if i dont sighn for batley theres no way ile sighn for another championship club,guess somethings changed there then,but do wish him luck and thank him for all he's done for the dogs.

#28 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Also sad to see him go, i asked him at presentation night if he was sighning for us nxt season and his exact words was, if i dont sighn for batley theres no way ile sighn for another championship club,guess somethings changed there then,but do wish him luck and thank him for all he's done for the dogs.

He said the exact same to me. Can't blame the lad though. A guy in birstall was telling me yesterday that Keighley had offered ash more than double what we had to play for them. He's got a few seasons in him yet.

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

The biggest concern is Keighley splashing the cash with the game in turmoil.

Next season could be a none event, in preperation at the 2015 season.

#30 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Next season could be a none event, in preperation at the 2015 season.

Nowt like getting yer excuses in early is there mate :onthequiet:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#31 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lol I wish Mate

Never ever known a season with so much uncertainty.. The world cup might have come along to save the game at just the right time.... Or a final swansong for the world's greatest game ;)

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I see Ash's picture still on the website team sheet! Everyone else who has left the club has had their picture removed. Is this an oversight?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users