Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Annoying Right Frame Adverts.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

How do you get rid of these totally annoying pains in the right hand side.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

You can't I don't think.  I think it's down to the website isn't it?

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

You can't I don't think.  I think it's down to the website isn't it?

Well it want's, oops nearly swore, sorting they are just irritating.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Really difficult to use this forum on my I-pad now. So squashed up.

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

It's a FARCE.
IL would walk out of this web site. And he'd be right!

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

it is a nightmare. because its a gambling site it actually brings up warning filters at work. This could stop me using the site.

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

it is a nightmare. because its a gambling site it actually brings up warning filters at work. This could stop me using the site.

What's a gambling site? Superbru?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

What's a gambling site? Superbru?

aye, according to our systems at work.

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

More gambling ads please. They're like land mines for Gledhill so they may keep him away.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hadn't thought of this, damn. I now dislike it.

But it should stay.

Because now that the US coverage of the RLWC, Virgin Media hosting of Premier Sports, and the England-Ireland tickets 'farce' are all being sorted out, we fans have literally nothing left to moan about. And that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

But it should stay.
Because now that the US coverage of the RLWC, Virgin Media hosting of Premier Sports, and the England-Ireland tickets 'farce' are all being sorted out, we fans have literally nothing left to moan about. And that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Very unsettling.

Hopefully someone can find a glass with some lipstick on it in a pub in Cardiff tomorrow, or something similar that the RFL should have sorted out, so we can all get back to normal.

#12 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I cant stand it!!

#13 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Adblock for chrome... Although it just leaves a massive white gap down a third of the page.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#14 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

More gambling ads please. They're like land mines for Gledhill so they may keep him away.

Idiot

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#15 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

The problem is that selling advertising space pays for a "free" forum

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#16 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

But it should stay.

It's okay, there's a violent storm coming in off the Atlantic, the weather's noticed we're having a WC in the UK again.

#17 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Keep yer hair on, folks, it's only an experiment. ;)

Thing is, with this being a 'live' site, it's difficult to test these sort of things offline, so from time to time, we have to test them while the forum is up and running.

The current right-hand sidebar is not perfect, it's too big and clunky, and doesn't look good on an ipad screen, I know. So it will be changed soon. Like we changed the pop up footer ads when it was clear they weren't working effectively for anyone. We do listen to your feedback, y'know!

But the right-hand sidebar won't disappear permanently, I'm afraid. Probably just made a bit thinner, so it'll fit on an ipad screen at least without the need for scrolling.

Thing is, we need to integrate this forum into the rest of our website and use that sidebar space to promote elements on the rest of that site, like the tipping comp, plus we need to encourage people who primarily just use the forums, to start buying our online products like League Express, Rugby League World and our steadily expanding range of books which hopefully, being Rugby League products aimed at Rugby League fans, most forum users wouldn't find too much of a distraction on here and might even want to buy.

It's a tough old commercial world; this forum is free to use, so we need to generate revenue from it by selling our own 'paid-for' stuff more effectively and also by incorporating third-party advertising. That's how the web works. We're just catching up with the rest. It's a learning curve, but please bear with us till we get it right.

Thanks.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#18 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ok, made it smaller. Even fits on the screen on an ipad mini now.

Does it look better/less annoying/more likely to make you buy stuff off us? ;)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

I know it may come across as negative, but surely the feedback is welcome. Alternatively people just stop using the site, like in my case it may prevent me at work, and then the site can have all the ads it wants but it will generate no traffic and therefore income.

I know this is a free site, but without us it wouldn't be here either, so the feedback is very valid I'd say.

#20 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

My browser is Chrome so I use adblock  and don't get bothered by ads on any site I visit.  All I see on the right hand side is a grey border.

Posted Image