Annoying Right Frame Adverts.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

So much better. Now where's my credit card...

#22 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

My browser is Chrome so I use adblock and don't get bothered by ads on any site I visit. All I see on the right hand side is a grey border.

That's fine, but if everyone did the same, all anyone would see when they visited this site would be a full blank screen, because without the revenue we generate from the ads, it wouldn't exist.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#23 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I know it may come across as negative, but surely the feedback is welcome. Alternatively people just stop using the site, like in my case it may prevent me at work, and then the site can have all the ads it wants but it will generate no traffic and therefore income.

I know this is a free site, but without us it wouldn't be here either, so the feedback is very valid I'd say.

I didn't say the feedback wasn't valid, and indeed it has already been acted upon. How's that for service. ;)

What can be frustrating is when people take against ads being on the site generally, or promote the use of ad blockers on here when the reality is without the ads the forum wouldn't exist at all.

Its a matter of finding the right balance.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users