Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Have we peaked ?

For a while.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

But you also have a new conditioner from Warrington who has developed a fantastic gym, poss the best rugby gym in the UK for your lads to use, which will make them stronger, fitter and faster -
Bastion has had proven success at Wolves juniors, and will, IMO lead you onto bigger and better things

There's pretty much no correlation between being a successful junior/Academy coach and being a successful senior/first team coach.

Posted Image

#22 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

There's pretty much no correlation between being a successful junior/Academy coach and being a successful senior/first team coach.

Hope that's not "hoping" Terminator lol;

#23 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hope that's not "hoping" Terminator lol;

Not at all! I'm just a bit baffled by your recruitment policy during this close season!

Posted Image

#24 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I agree. Different skills needed.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#25 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

While I agree he's untried at senior pro level John has had a good grounding at Warrington and Leeds under some of the best coaches in the British game over recent years. He's not unfamiliar with coaching seniors either albeit in the amateur game where he was a successful coach with Queens ARLFC. Credit to Rovers for giving him his chance and I'm pretty confident he'll do the job.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 30 October 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

While I agree he's untried at senior pro level John has had a good grounding at Warrington and Leeds under some of the best coaches in the British game over recent years. He's not unfamiliar with coaching seniors either albeit in the amateur game where he was a successful coach with Queens ARLFC. Credit to Rovers for giving him his chance and I'm pretty confident he'll do the job.

+1

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#27 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Wire academy are poor in terms of Leeds and Wigan

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Wire academy are poor in terms of Leeds and Wigan

agree with that

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#29 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

He is unproven as a successful coach at any level was my point, man management is a key factor at our level and next year will make or break him imo due to Fevs rightfully high expectations

#30 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wouldn't have Paul in charge at Leigh, he was out coached by Powell Kerr and Aston whenever it mattered and plays some very boring RL
This year is a big one for Paul also, he has been given the ammunition so no hiding places

#31 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Kerr ?

Dunno about "whenever it mattered" - I thought they won a Cup or summat which a lot of clubs didn't manage.

Edited by Griff, 01 November 2013 - 01:38 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#32 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

He is unproven as a successful coach at any level was my point, man management is a key factor at our level and next year will make or break him imo due to Fevs rightfully high expectations

No-one raised any eyebrows when Sean Long was appointed. Why? Because he is a legend in the game as a former player;But not as a coach! In fact very few great players have made great coaches, and more have tried and failed than made a success of the job.

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

No-one raised any eyebrows when Sean Long was appointed. Why? Because he is a legend in the game as a former player;But not as a coach! In fact very few great players have made great coaches, and more have tried and failed than made a success of the job.

Sean Long took on a consistent experienced team and just tweaked a few things next season will be totally different If JB had took over the team when SL came in I also think the outcome would of been the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users