Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New signing

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I like that were giving local youngsters a chance, but now is the time to add some proven experience at this level and above. Haven have today added lee mitchell and shaun ainscough to there squad, 2 very good acquisitions.

Edited by wonky, 07 November 2013 - 11:34 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#82 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Tom Carr is a very good signing to . Agree totally wonky . Especially in key areas . A 15-20 try scoring centre like they and others have , a dangerous half and a fullback ? Our pack always does the job , but when it gets matched , or when we need more off the back if it , we often lack that extra dimension behind the scrum .

Edited by DavidM, 07 November 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#83 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

People keep telling me "if we get the players that have been mentioned then we will do very well" but I never get to know who the h**l they are talking about. We do need to keep up though with not only our neighbours but all the other clubs in our league.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#84 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

People keep telling me "if we get the players that have been mentioned then we will do very well" but I never get to know who the h**l they are talking about. We do need to keep up though with not only our neighbours but all the other clubs in our league.

90% of the time there nothing but rumours keith. We desperately need to add a couple of known players to entice some fans back. Jake emmitt is named on the haven board and has been mentioned on here as well, I take it that was just another fabricated rumour.

#85 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yep , and Steve Nash . These names and rumours bombard you , but you never know if there's any weight behind them . We all love the craic but it does often confuse more than clarify !! I think what last year showed is that clubs at this level can match our muscle , all teams have solid packs , and games are won by what you have off the back off that muscle . That's what we need to hone in on .

#86 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

has Brett Carter signed back on for you yet ?

Maybe he's deliberately waiting for his WC to end . He's really putting himself in the shop window . We may not like it but if that's the case can't really blame him for seeing what comes in off the back of it ?

#87 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ainscough at the wreck? Jesus i remember when he was getting noshed off by all and sundry when he was  supposedly the next superstar winger at wigan. What happened to him?

#88 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ainscoughs been in australia for the last 2 years hasnt played a game for those 2 years and put about 3 stone on. 2 years ago he would have been a good signing.

Tom Heighton

#89 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ainscoughs been in australia for the last 2 years hasnt played a game for those 2 years and put about 3 stone on. 2 years ago he would have been a good signing.

He went to Australia for twelve months he played the 2012 season for Bradford and played a season in Oz so he could be a very good signing for Haven his downfall has always been his lack of height
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#90 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

He went to Australia for twelve months he played the 2012 season for Bradford and played a season in Oz so he could be a very good signing for Haven his downfall has always been his lack of height

and his impression of a turnstile in defence.

#91 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Says on twitter that 2 have resigned for us and it's in today's news and star

#92 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Carl Forber and Jason Mossop signed back on

#93 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Says on twitter that 2 have resigned for us and it's in today's news and star

Its Carl Forber and Jason Mossop.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#94 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Mentions Mossop and Forber , and mentions Carter and Connor in passing to ? Guys like Mossop , Forber and Connor , OK for your squad , no problems at all ,, but we're crying out for a couple of seasoned strike and creative guys behind the scrum to add fizz . Hopefully we're scouring for that and not just totally recycling last year .

Edited by DavidM, 08 November 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#95 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

So who is all signed on for next season, we should have a 2014 squad thread so everyone is upto date

#96 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

I thought mossop had signed for 2 years last season.

#97 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

' Connor and Forber will share kicking duties with Carter ' .. Did we miss something ?

#98 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Carter must be signing back then well hopefully

#99 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

That's what was between the lines it seemed . This comp will do the two Brett's the world of good I reckon . They've seen they can hold their own at a high level and they'll be really confident and buzzing . Got to say Kavanagh has looked a really good player to ... If he isn't a regular at Widnes I'd be getting him as often as possible . Maybe in terms of those key areas like half ,we'll be going DR or long loan off Widnes . Be interesting to see that come the new year and how that relationship works and what we've learned from this year ?

Edited by DavidM, 08 November 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#100 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

I dont think connor or carter are signed on yet. I would prefer carter to be our sole kicker as I see the other 2 as more squad players and not regular starters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users