Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Muslim Youth Intimidation

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well had a lovely night last night from coming home from a Ska/Reggae night in a nice quite well to do seaside town and but then spoiled by about a dozen Muslim youth's hanging around 3 car's in a the parking bay of the seafront car park.As I walked past I got chant's of "scruffy ######" ,"go and drown" ,"white ###### bread", as I kept walking I got 'let's ###### him', followed by loads of laughing then "we ###### your wife" and by this time I had turned the corner and then shot off when I was out of view.

I have seen in the past stories off gang attacks from Muslim youth's in Brick Lane/Bradford etc and just wondered when this us against them attitude started ? as I live in a nearly 100% white well to do area yet would hate to think what it's like in places where there is a big Muslim population as last night was very unpleasant.

#2 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well had a lovely night last night from coming home from a Ska/Reggae night in a nice quite well to do seaside town and but then spoiled by about a dozen Muslim youth's hanging around 3 car's in a the parking bay of the seafront car park.As I walked past I got chant's of "scruffy ######" ,"go and drown" ,"white ###### bread", as I kept walking I got 'let's ###### him', followed by loads of laughing then "we ###### your wife" and by this time I had turned the corner and then shot off when I was out of view.
I have seen in the past stories off gang attacks from Muslim youth's in Brick Lane/Bradford etc and just wondered when this us against them attitude started ? as I live in a nearly 100% white well to do area yet would hate to think what it's like in places where there is a big Muslim population as last night was very unpleasant.

You don't get out often do you.Welcome to the real world.

#3 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

You don't get out often do you.Welcome to the real world.

I do and what do you mean by that.

#4 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

This thread isn't exactly destined for greatness....

#5 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

This thread isn't exactly destined for greatness....

Maybe but's a problem and should be discussed like white chav trash and places like no-go area's in Peckham etc all have there problem's but the government should do something.

#6 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Funnily enough I had similar experience with some white teenagers. I'm sure someone out there has had some trouble with black kids as well.

If your point is that teenagers hanging round in groups think they are hard and invincible and like to intimidate then this has almost always been the case. Not very pleasant granted and can in some extreme cases lead to serious trouble.

#7 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Funnily enough I had similar experience with some white teenagers. I'm sure someone out there has had some trouble with black kids as well.

If your point is that teenagers hanging round in groups think they are hard and invincible and like to intimidate then this has almost always been the case. Not very pleasant granted and can in some extreme cases lead to serious trouble.

Yes 100% agree but it this was purely racist abuse and that should be dealt with.

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Not a great experience I'm sure, but not sure that it's any different in nature to the behaviour of some groups of any ethnic background from across the UK. It should be dealt with in exactly the same way that any anti-social behaviour is.

Edited by gazza77, 25 October 2013 - 12:51 PM.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Not a great experience I'm sure, but not sure that it's any different in nature to the behaviour of some groups of any ethnic background from across the UK. It should be dealt with in exactly the same way that any anti-social behaviour is.

But if you trawl through the anti-fascist's sites like Hope Not Hate and UAF they always after white racism like EDL and BNP and don't seem to address racism come's from all colour's.

#10 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,720 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

That's true.
But it is a specific problem in some areas like Bradford and I have experienced it first hand. I don't know why it is treated as anything other than racial hatred but it is often dismissed as 'just teenagers mucking around'. It isn't.

Of course this is not the majority but it doesn't have to be to cause real problems.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#11 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

That's true.
But it is a specific problem in some areas like Bradford and I have experienced it first hand. I don't know why it is treated as anything other than racial hatred but it is often dismissed as 'just teenagers mucking around'. It isn't.
Of course this is not the majority but it doesn't have to be to cause real problems.

Ok so did 808tone report this racist hated to the police. If so then good for him. If not then he probably did what most people do and ignore it and put it down to teenager idiots.

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,720 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Ok so did 808tone report this racist hated to the police. If so then good for him. If not then he probably did what most people do and ignore it and put it down to teenager idiots.

That doesn't make it ok.

#13 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I reported it and good chance they are ever out from the area or middle class kids/or local waiter's acting the hard one.

#14 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

That doesn't make it ok.

I didn't say it did. Good that it was reported though.

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,720 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I didn't say it did. Good that it was reported though.

I know personally of cases that have been reported and ignored. Quite a few actually.

In my book, *anyone* abusing someone based on their race should be treated the same and not some of them brushed under the carpet.

#16 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Out of interest, how do you know they were Muslim, rather than any other religion, or even aethiests?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

What does the fact that these chaps were (supposedly) Muslim have to do with the fact that you were racially abused by them?

Posted Image

#18 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Out of interest, how do you know they were Muslim, rather than any other religion, or even aethiests?

I think a small Pakistani flag hanging from the front mirror sort of give it away.

#19 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think a small Pakistani flag hanging from the front mirror sort of give it away.

This suggests that thinking isn't your strong suit.

#20 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

This suggests that thinking isn't your strong suit.

Christ are you for real ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users