Muslim Youth Intimidation

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

This sort of thing is very common in Keighley.

I teach a lot of young woman to drive. Those who live above the mainly Asian areas will not walk through them even during daylight, As all of them have been racially and sexually abused by gangs of Asians.

If this was the other way round there would be rioting.

#22 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

I teach a lot of young woman to drive. Those who live above the mainly Asian areas will not walk through them even during daylight, As all of them have been racially and sexually abused by gangs of Asians.

Agree the police/mosque's/colleges and universities need to be more vocal about it.

#23 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I concur. I had a rather unpleasant experience with a group of Asians cutting up other drivers to provoke a reaction.

I understand the idea that youths can be unpleasant regardless of their background or race but it always more intimidating when you have little in common with them.

Also a threat to rape your wife isn't something you can ignore. If anything it raises the bar significantly beyond racial tension or abuse.

#24 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Christ are you for real ?

Yes I am for real.  A Pakistani flag does not signify a connection with Islam, granted the odds are stacked that way but it's not a given.  

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

There are parts of keighley I don't feel comfortable in certainly some of the pubs the revervoir tavern and the pubs in the crossroads area for instance
Im a white adult male, so I don't know what an jAsian person would feel like
The kind of behaviour the op describes is unacceptable no matter who is intimidating who, although I can guess which people will be more likely to be on the wrong end of it
I have 'nothing in common' with racist oafs no matter who they are

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#26 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yes I am for real.  A Pakistani flag does not signify a connection with Islam, granted the odds are stacked that way but it's not a given.  

Can not see hindu's or Sikh's having a Pakistani small flag in there front window ??? it's not like some white middle class student wearing a Bob Marley T-shirt is from Jamaica.

But what hurt's me more it's the Bob Marley/Castro supporting SWP types who think racism is only from white working class shaven head football fans ???

Edited by 808tone, 28 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#27 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

But what hurt's me more it's the Bob Marley/Castro supporting SWP types who think racism is only from white working class shaven head football fans ???

I don't think anyone capable of independent thought actually thinks that.

#28 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,121 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

This suggests that thinking isn't your strong suit.

You are Mintball from RLFans.com forums and i claim my £5

#29 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

So shall I get an Irish flag for my car and play Irish music but I am not Irish,

#30 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

So shall I get an Irish flag for my car and play Irish music but I am not Irish,

You can do that if you like. 

Answer me this; Is somebody with an Irish flag in their car a catholic?

#31 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

You can do that if you like.

Answer me this; Is somebody with an Irish flag in their car a catholic?

Probably but not absolutely definitely....probably about an 80% chance at a guess. Whereas somebody (in this country) flying a Pakistan flag is 99% likely to be a Muslim.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#32 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Probably but not absolutely definitely....probably about an 80% chance at a guess. Whereas somebody (in this country) flying a Pakistan flag is 99% likely to be a Muslim.

Well one things for sure if the op was observant enough to see the flag then he'll have clocked the number plate: jobs a good un
I think larry is referring to the 1% you mention
I'm not sure what the religion of the perpetrators has to do with anything or their race
A racist thug is a racist thug. I wonder which section of the population has the most if them

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 29 October 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Keeping it local

#33 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well one things for sure if the op was observant enough to see the flag then he'll have clocked the number plate: jobs a good un
I think larry is referring to the 1% you mention

Yes and no.  I'm merely trying to educate the OP that nationality does not equal religion, and even then there is a high chance that if this occurred in the UK the nationality of the individuals concerned would be British (albeit with Pakistani roots).

As you say. Racist thugs are just that; racist thugs.  Just like religiously intolerant bigots are religiously intolerant bigots, and nationalist morons are nationalist morons.

#34 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yes and no.  I'm merely trying to educate the OP that nationality does not equal religion, and even then there is a high chance that if this occurred in the UK the nationality of the individuals concerned would be British (albeit with Pakistani roots).

As you say. Racist thugs are just that; racist thugs.  Just like religiously intolerant bigots are religiously intolerant bigots, and nationalist morons are nationalist morons.

Yep, it's nothing to do with them really disliking those not like them, it's just a convenient excuse for them being idiot thugs.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#35 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yes and no. I'm merely trying to educate the OP that nationality does not equal religion, and even then there is a high chance that if this occurred in the UK the nationality of the individuals concerned would be British (albeit with Pakistani roots).

As you say. Racist thugs are just that; racist thugs. Just like religiously intolerant bigots are religiously intolerant bigots, and nationalist morons are nationalist morons.

That's what I mean: it's wrong to jump to a conclusion that the op did
Keeping it local

#36 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

A racist thug is a racist thug. I wonder which section of the population has the most if them

I don't think any section of the population has a monopoly on racism or bigotry, why do you ask? I have experienced racism and bigotry from many races. There is a pretty high percentage of racist Pakistanis in Bradford in my experience for instance, but I know that is still a minority. Every human race creed or colour has racists among them.

#37 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

I don't think any section of the population has a monopoly on racism or bigotry, why do you ask? I have experienced racism and bigotry from many races. There is a pretty high percentage of racist Pakistanis in Bradford in my experience for instance, but I know that is still a minority. Every human race creed or colour has racists among them.

So the incidence if racist violence, and abuse is spread evenly amongst the various racial cultural and national minorities and the white majority in this country
I didn't know that and thanks for telling me
I've said several times including on this thread that this kind of behaviour is repulsive and unacceptable no matter who
Is behaving like this
And that goes for the incident involving the op.
Keeping it local

#38 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

So the incidence if racist violence, and abuse is spread evenly amongst the various racial cultural and national minorities and the white majority in this country
I didn't know that and thanks for telling me
I've said several times including on this thread that this kind of behaviour is repulsive and unacceptable no matter who
Is behaving like this
And that goes for the incident involving the op.

If you are implying there are numerically more white racists in this country, then you are probably correct. But pro rata it will be the same because racism is not a colour specific thing - no matter what apologists in the US claim when they excuse black racists.

Tell you what, let's leave it here for now but if it does happen to you (I hope it doesn't) then come back and you can tell me how you view it then. Because it is a pretty bad experience, regardless of whether other people do it.

#39 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

If you are implying there are numerically more white racists in this country, then you are probably correct. But pro rata it will be the same because racism is not a colour specific thing - no matter what apologists in the US claim when they excuse black racists.

Tell you what, let's leave it here for now but if it does happen to you (I hope it doesn't) then come back and you can tell me how you view it then. Because it is a pretty bad experience, regardless of whether other people do it.

How do you know it hasn't?
Being attacked by anybody is a bad experience
I had a good kicking from some NF lads when they were holding a meeting in Bradford mechanics institute in 72 but I'm not sure if that counts

Most people from whatever their ethnic or religious backgrounds just want to get on with their lives in peace: society owes it to its members that they are allowed to...no matter who
They are

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 29 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Keeping it local

#40 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

How do you know it hasn't?
Being attacked by anybody is a bad experience
I had a good kicking from some NF lads when they were holding a meeting in Bradford mechanics institute in 72 but I'm not sure if that counts

I have copped a beating once or twice for no real reason, that's the way it is sometimes. Being abused for your skin colour and told to 'eff off white b-word' (god this is ridiculous) is different. And I aren't just talking one offs either. Being then told 'it was just a bunch of yobs' is no comfort either because I also know what yobs are like - and this is different. 

We all know this won't get anywhere so lets just lock it now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users