Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Muslim Youth Intimidation

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,156 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I have copped a beating once or twice for no real reason, that's the way it is sometimes. Being abused for your skin colour and told to 'eff off white b-word' (god this is ridiculous) is different. And I aren't just talking one offs either. Being then told 'it was just a bunch of yobs' is no comfort either because I also know what yobs are like - and this is different.

We all know this won't get anywhere so lets just lock it now.

Mate we don't disagree with each other
And I would have thought we could at least find common ground with my last paragraph
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#42 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

To me the past 20 years or so a lot of Muslim youths (and not all as hopefully it's a minority) have been no different to the old Skinhead/Bonehead thug's you got from the late 60's/early 70's to late 70's/early 80's yet I wonder if any one has had a problem from Hindu's/Sikh's and Chinese gang's.

Another thing has changed a lot on campus as in the 1980's/90's it was your SWP types sticking up for the IRA/Republican's type's yet now it seems the same middle class types are more in favour of sticking up for Muslims even radical sort's and anti fascism should be targeted at all people/colour.The press will go on about Stephen Lawrence but you never see anything about Kriss Donald sadly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users