Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Singha Beer is Official Beer of RLWC2013

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Singha Beer, the original Thai beer and one of the world’s most celebrated international beer brands, has today been named as the Official Beer of Rugby League World Cup 2013.

Singha Beer will be available from both bars, and from roving sellers at many of the 21 venues throughout the 14-nation tournament, which starts with the enticing double-header and opening ceremony at Cardiff on Saturday (April 26).

Guntorn Permsup, Singha Beer’s Corporate Strategy Assistant Manager (International Sports Marketing), said:

“It is a great honour for Singha to be the Official Beer of Rugby League World Cup 2013. We are delighted for the given opportunity.

"Singha is the authentic original Thai beer since 1933 and has been established in the UK and Europe for more than 30 years. We are known for sponsoring Manchester United and Chelsea FC, as their Official Partners, and this tournament will enhance our reputation even further.

"We hope that this is just the beginning. Singha is a part of this wonderful event and I wish a great success in the tournament.”

RLWC2013 gets underway on Saturday October 26 with the opening ceremony and a spectacular double-header of matches,

England’s clash with Australia (2.30) and Wales v Italy (4.30).

To make sure you'll #bethere

buy your tickets now at www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

or call the 24-hour Ticket Hotline on 0844 847 2013.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Seems a bit last-minute to he arranging this sort of thing...

Edited by Copa, 25 October 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,791 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's a tough life - now we have to drink official beer and official champagne! :) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

If they are those "roving sellers" carrying beer barrels on their back that were at the Salford City Stadium, they are a complete pain in the a...  blocking your view of the game / passing overfilled plastic glasses over people.

Edited by Ex-Kirkholt, 25 October 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#5 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Seems a bit last-minute to he arranging this sort of thing...

Maybe there should be a cut-off point.

No, sorry, too late, we don't your money now.

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

<p>I was rather hoping that it would be Oakham Ales, so that I could celebrate in style - but this is a great name to have on board. Well done again.</p>
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Perhaps they were due to announce it on Tuesday/Wednesday :ph34r: but thought "let's give it a couple of days".

#8 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

If they are those "roving sellers" carrying beer barrels on their back that were at the Salford City Stadium, they are a complete pain in the a...  blocking your view of the game / passing overfilled plastic glasses over people.

at least you'll have summat to whinge about. i think they are a super idea personally.

#9 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Perhaps they were due to announce it on Tuesday/Wednesday :ph34r: but thought "let's give it a couple of days".

I imagine thats spot on!

"We've sent Gareth Hock home for going on the lash and not turning up to training. On a separate note, we can happily announce an official beer of the World Cup!"

Probably wouldnt have had the desired impact.

#10 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

How on earth can anyone complain when we get a decent name sponsor on board and one which is new to our sport. Going to treat myself to a few bottles this weekend. Who knows, if sales go up enough we might even see the Singa Super League. Stop moaning start supping

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Won't be available at the French games. Which reminds me, did Catalans ever get shut down by the French government when Hull FC wore a shirt with a beer sponsor on it? Canetman told me it was a matter of when rather than if.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Which are the two bars its available from? Are both bars near each other?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#13 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

loony juice & gives me a headache. And also the poor people sitting near me.  Great news though, plenty of sponsors on board now. Hopefully some of them might stick with the sport (as long as we dont draw attention to how disfunctional we are!)

#14 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

loony juice & gives me a headache. And also the poor people sitting near me.  Great news though, plenty of sponsors on board now. Hopefully some of them might stick with the sport (as long as we dont draw attention to how disfunctional we are!)

and its £4 a go, and we have missed it anyway 26th april?

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#15 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

What Singha beer!!! I remember this pish from somewhere was it at man u or some other place?

#16 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

yes, you were probably guzzling plastic bottles of it in the concrete bowels of Old Trafford at the Grand Final.

#17 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

at least you'll have summat to whinge about. i think they are a super idea personally.

I'm not looking to whinge - a great new sponsor on board - fantastic news.

I quite like Singha, its the roving sellers though, they just get in the way for viewing the game, particularly if you are on the end of a row of seats.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#18 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Let's all charge our glasses and Singha long to the marketing maestro's of the RFL who have delivered such a well known refreshment as the mystery major sponsor to be unveiled prior to the start of the tournament. No doubt a poster of the England side beaming each with pint glass in hand will be released soonish....

Cheers.. hic.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#19 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Also visit these chaps who gave us a nice beer related tweet. Proper beer https://twitter.com/...794377555787776

Edited by jannerboyuk, 25 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#20 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

When touring Thailand many years ago, I avoided it like the plague as it had all sorts of nasties in it back then. It is however a bit of a marketing success and a well known brand.

I hope they're paying handsomely!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users