Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

McNamara might have to leave the country

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

He's walked out of a press conference as he took exception to being quizzed about dropping Graham. Everything stinks of a man out of his depth swimming against a tide of players that have lost faith in him.
If the World Cup goes as well as the preparation I'll blame him and nobody else. He's had everything at his disposal but his decisions if not proven right have looked from the outset terrible.

Edited by joe elliot, 25 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

waddell

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Oh for God's sake! :rolleyes:

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Of course he'll have to leave the country - The game is in Cardiff which is in Wales you know!!! ;)

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

When Mourinhio does it, the press love it. Good for him. I like him SM at the moment, he is proving to have a spine!

#5 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

He's walked out of a press conference as he took exception to being quizzed about dropping Graham.

Well done McNamara!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

joe elliot, on 25 Oct 2013 - 4:14 PM, said:

He's walked out of a press conference as he took exception to being quizzed about dropping Graham. Everything stinks of a man out of his depth swimming against a tide of players that have lost faith in him.
If the World Cup goes as well as the preparation I'll blame him and nobody else. He's had everything at his disposal but his decisions if not proven right have looked from the outset terrible.

Oh dear.

Just the kind of halfwit the swear filter was intended for.
People called Romans they go the house

#7 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

just heard in on national radio2, felt embarrassed, the guy doing the sports report was clearly hinting sm did not know how to answer the questions.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#8 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Best build up to an Rl event in this country i can ever remember,all we're short of now is a good drug scandal.
Well done to all concerned,even Hock.

#9 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ain't got a problem with McNamara walking out.. I applaud his stance. No prizes for which Journo was moaning about this on twitter.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#10 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

What did he think they were going to ask him?

#11 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

What did he think they were going to ask him?

if he likes red or brown sauce? is he a leg or breast man? who knows what he thinks -this is a major press conference the day before the wc starts fgs, what a showing up.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

This is great stuff.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#13 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think it's great! Another talking point for the RLWC ahead of tomorrow's game! Like another poster mentioned, this sort of thing happens in every other sport.

#14 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Shows again he's out of his depth. If he had strong character and leadership he'd have just said "he's dropped for disciplinary reasons, we need to have high standards". Heard him on radio 5 this morning as well, he was equally rubbish.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

He's out of his depth but we have to accept it and support England.

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ain't got a problem with McNamara walking out.. I applaud his stance. No prizes for which Journo was moaning about this on twitter.

Well its not McNamaras job to be a cheerleader and make journos life easier is it? :)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#17 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Not much to fault him on, Stevie Mac. He maybe could have stayed put after delivering that response and said something like: "next subject". His main focus currently is on the team who are going to take the field, and rightly so.

I'm sure the little group who had a few bevvies have all been talked to in a suitable manner. They will be now hopefully be motivated to give it 200% in training to get on the teamsheet against Ireland.

Edited by Banbury Wolf, 25 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#18 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

The biggest mistake McNamara made was not naming his 17. Had he done that and all 3 Burgess brothers were named then he could have done a press conference with them and that would be the big news.

Missed opportunity.

#19 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Didn't Fergie once walk out of a press conference? It's nothing new and will happen again. It's now important for the team to gel together for the sake of the game over here, lest the media wolves really will be out for a tasty meal.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 25 October 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#20 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I quite like the stubborn streak he shows. He is his own man and will live or die by the decisions he makes, good on him.

As has been pointed out, Mourinho and Ferguson have done this kind of thing, and had plenty of debates with the media - that doesn't mean they are out of their depth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users