McNamara might have to leave the country

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#101 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

He doesn't look rattled to me. Given the number of questions he was posed which attempted to move him from his very clearly marked stance, I'm only surprised he didn't walk out earlier.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#102 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Doesnt look overly rattled to me, just fed up of all the rubbish he is having to put up with after several players acted like dick heads.

#103 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I thought Mecca handled it very well

The journals just showed how utterly ignorant they are at times

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#104 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I quite like the stubborn streak he shows. He is his own man and will live or die by the decisions he makes, good on him.

As has been pointed out, Mourinho and Ferguson have done this kind of thing, and had plenty of debates with the media - that doesn't mean they are out of their depth!

Not that I am aware of those former occasions happening as I know sod all of what goes on in football,  I would imagine they are both of a very high profile within their sport, have been there, etc, and really do possess an sufficiently high enough profile to operate from,  Ferguson I imagine does as for the other chap I have no idea. 

Whereas Mac has none of those attributes to fall back upon and cannot realistically claim to be on the top of his game, let alone anyone else's.

I am not being critical here of his method in standing by his principle's he is correct in doing so, however compared with those you named, who do possess the obviously required records of success from which to criticise and discipline others from, MacB is on a sticky wicket in attempting to emulate their actions, wouldn't you agree? 

#105 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well done Mac,set out how he was going to answer questions,stupid journo's ignored it.he did the right thing.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#106 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

because that is not what the PC was about.

#107 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Mac, PC......

I will throw in Tablet

#108 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I quite Android the match today..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#109 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

He answered the questions to the extent he was prepared to.  He then gave three chances and the journalists ignored it.  He left with more politeness that was necessary and would have lost credibility has he stayed.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#110 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Everybody has known that he wasn't up to the since he took over, but now the realisation is setting in what he's actually going to do to our World Cup with his decisions.
waddell

#111 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Everybody has known that he wasn't up to the since he took over, but now the realisation is setting in what he's actually going to do to our World Cup with his decisions.

How so? Because we lost against Australia by 8 points?

#112 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

He answered the questions to the extent he was prepared to.  He then gave three chances and the journalists ignored it.  He left with more politeness that was necessary and would have lost credibility has he stayed.

The same people that criticised him and called him "out of his depth" for walking out would, no doubt, have criticised him and called him "out of his depth" if he'd stayed.

Edited by Futtocks, 28 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#113 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Not "everybody" by a long chalk. You certainly don't speak for me - and probably a number of others on here, too.

#114 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Sorry to bring Macca up again but how bad was he in interview with Tanya Arnold after the game. He's becoming so defensive and appears to take every question personally.

#115 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Sorry to bring Macca up again but how bad was he in interview with Tanya Arnold after the game. He's becoming so defensive and appears to take every question personally.

That response was embarrassing for a coach at any level, let alone a national coach on bbc television.

#116 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

That response was embarrassing for a coach at any level, let alone a national coach on bbc television.

It must be tough knowing that you are out of your depth, and knowing that everyone else knows, and having to go on national TV, and look as though you belong there.

#117 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I didn't see that, but I saw the pre match interview between him and tanya before the game: in which she brought up the subject of off field discipline again, with some rumour about Hardaker. How pointless was that? There's an international game going to kick off in a few minutes and she's asking irrelevant questions like that.

Maybe McNamara's attitude was related to that.

Maybe McNamara needs to channel his contempt into a benign smile

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#118 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I didn't see that, but I saw the pre match interview between him and tanya before the game: in which she brought up the subject of off field discipline again, with some rumour about Hardaker. How pointless was that? There's an international game going to kick off in a few minutes and she's asking irrelevant questions like that.

Maybe McNamara's attitude was related to that.

Maybe McNamara needs to channel his contempt into a benign smile

Contempt for what? Against a reporter who constantly bigs up the game?

#119 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Contempt for what? Against a reporter who constantly bigs up the game?

hey I like tanya

I was referring to her question about Hardaker a couple of minutes before kick off which seemed pointless at such a juncture

McNamara seems to have decided that he isn't mates with the media. He isn't the first in sport-there are some very well known examples andf it's his call. I just think if that's the waqy it is he needs to cool out.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#120 S72 Cat

S72 Cat
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

And we wonder why we can't even buy column inches of publicity for our game!

He cannot be taken seriously.

The national team coach is a buffoon.

And if he isn't, he does an amazing impression of one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users