Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

McNamara walks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Looks like it the in thing now walking out when things arent going your way If he carries on like that he will get a chairmans job at S/L club

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

At the outset of the press conference he informed the journalists there that he would not be commenting on individual players - such as Hock and Graham. Sadly, some of them persisted with that line of questioning and he decided to leave. Quite right in my opinion. How were the personal situations of ill-disciplined morons like Hock and co. relevant to tomorrows game - which is what he was there to discuss? Love him or loathe him (I'm in the latter camp by the way), his handling of the Hock affair has been a credit to to him.

Posted Image

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I agree with you but we all know what the media are like and surely SM new it was coming

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I agree with you but we all know what the media are like and surely SM new it was coming

Yes, he did. That's why he pre-warned them before the press conference began. One thing that galls me is how McNamara seems to have born the brunt of 99.9% of the criticism fired by fans this week. He's a poor coach, no doubt, but the players who let their nation and the fans down last Sunday have got off extremely lightly in my opinion. Poor coach or not, they should have stuffed Italy. The fact that we lost was more a shocking indictment of their attitude and professionalism than of McNamara's coaching ability.

Edited by TheTerminator, 25 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

What I don't understand is why they were out at all drinking They should be proud to of been picked and loosing last week should of made them think about training harder for this week not drinking All that said if we win tomorrow last week will be forgotten about

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

if we win tomorrow i'm off out drinking, and i ant touched the stuff for 20 years

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

You can only coach what is in front of you.

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Talking of walking away I have just cancelled Sky Sports as they are not covering the World Cup. I might start again next year but I will be saving a goodly sum. Premier Sports are covering it all and there is a big difference in price if you take a 5 monthly renewable contract. You will probably save comparing the two around £16 a month. Getting on for around £200 a year, if you carry it on. Pay for the increased gas and Elect. Just a thought.

If you want it Premier S tel no is: 08716639000
Cheers
The players dropped deserved it. They were ignoring directives and if allowed to get away with it the coach would have had no authority at all.

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Talking of walking away I have just cancelled Sky Sports as they are not covering the World Cup. I might start again next year but I will be saving a goodly sum. Premier Sports are covering it all and there is a big difference in price if you take a 5 monthly renewable contract. You will probably save comparing the two around £16 a month. Getting on for around £200 a year, if you carry it on. Pay for the increased gas and Elect. Just a thought.

If you want it Premier S tel no is: 08716639000
Cheers
The players dropped deserved it. They were ignoring directives and if allowed to get away with it the coach would have had no authority at all.

you on commision Colin?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#10 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

if we win tomorrow i'm off out drinking, and i ant touched the stuff for 20 years

Chase and sinfield at halfback...... Think you'll stay on the wagon somehow.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Chase and sinfield at halfback...... Think you'll stay on the wagon somehow.

How many teams have ever gone into a tournament without a genuine scrum half in their squad?

Posted Image

#12 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

How many teams have ever gone into a tournament without a genuine scrum half in their squad?

I thought I'd shot myself in the foot but normal service resumed.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

We got one in Burrows but for some reason they got to find a place for Sinfield as he's not the best loose forward. We will learn one day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users