Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

3 Cheers for Sally B. and Her Team

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ok, so we haven't grabbed the headlines on quite the same level as the FIFA or IR(U)B world cups or the Olympics, but you have to admit that the feel-good factor in the UK generated around RLWC2013 has been the best for any major event in our sport in a very long time.

This is all fuelled by the fans' interest of course, but ultimately we are riding big waves generated by Sally Bolton and her team -

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THEM - KEEP IT UP!!

HIP, HIP! ...

#2 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

well said!

#3 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok, so we haven't grabbed the headlines on quite the same level as the FIFA or IR(U)B world cups or the Olympics, but you have to admit that the feel-good factor in the UK generated around RLWC2013 has been the best for any major event in our sport in a very long time.

This is all fuelled by the fans' interest of course, but ultimately we are riding big waves generated by Sally Bolton and her team -

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THEM - KEEP IT UP!!

HIP, HIP! ...

A massive effort and praise indeed. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 25 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#4 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

300 cheers for Sally and her team. You have done us proud. I hope that they make an appearance on the field tomorrow afternoon.

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Regardless of how many turn up, I think a huge thank you has to be given to the team.  What they have done on what must of been a very tight budget in fantastic.  I doubt they could of done more with what they had.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yep!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

And nigel wood of course
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#8 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

She has been absolutely fabulous. It takes thousands of hours of hard work to make things seem so effortless.

#9 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

One Rooster prediction that will come true is that Sally Bolton will be one of the few to leave this tournament with her reputation enhanced.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#10 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's all a far cry from that master event organiser that was Jason Harrbarrow

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

One of the many, i reckon.

#12 BULLETT

BULLETT
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's all a far cry from that master event organiser that was Jason Harrbarrow

May I correct you there, as there may be a Mr J Harrbarrow , it is Jason HARBOROW. No person should be tainted by a spelling mistake.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think she's done a fabulous job and she comes across as intelligent, articulate, in control and very astute.  She must now have some terrific contacts.  I'd like to see her have a go as CEO.

#14 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

May I correct you there, as there may be a Mr J Harrbarrow , it is Jason HARBOROW. No person should be tainted by a spelling mistake.

You absolutely right. I send out my sincerest apologies to all the Jason Harrbarrows of this world. I can't think of a greater insult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users