3 Cheers for Sally B. and Her Team

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ok, so we haven't grabbed the headlines on quite the same level as the FIFA or IR(U)B world cups or the Olympics, but you have to admit that the feel-good factor in the UK generated around RLWC2013 has been the best for any major event in our sport in a very long time.

This is all fuelled by the fans' interest of course, but ultimately we are riding big waves generated by Sally Bolton and her team -

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THEM - KEEP IT UP!!

HIP, HIP! ...

#2 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

well said!

#3 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok, so we haven't grabbed the headlines on quite the same level as the FIFA or IR(U)B world cups or the Olympics, but you have to admit that the feel-good factor in the UK generated around RLWC2013 has been the best for any major event in our sport in a very long time.

This is all fuelled by the fans' interest of course, but ultimately we are riding big waves generated by Sally Bolton and her team -

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THEM - KEEP IT UP!!

HIP, HIP! ...

A massive effort and praise indeed. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 25 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#4 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

300 cheers for Sally and her team. You have done us proud. I hope that they make an appearance on the field tomorrow afternoon.

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Regardless of how many turn up, I think a huge thank you has to be given to the team.  What they have done on what must of been a very tight budget in fantastic.  I doubt they could of done more with what they had.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yep!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

And nigel wood of course
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#8 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

She has been absolutely fabulous. It takes thousands of hours of hard work to make things seem so effortless.

#9 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

One Rooster prediction that will come true is that Sally Bolton will be one of the few to leave this tournament with her reputation enhanced.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#10 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's all a far cry from that master event organiser that was Jason Harrbarrow

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,614 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

One of the many, i reckon.

#12 BULLETT

BULLETT
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's all a far cry from that master event organiser that was Jason Harrbarrow

May I correct you there, as there may be a Mr J Harrbarrow , it is Jason HARBOROW. No person should be tainted by a spelling mistake.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think she's done a fabulous job and she comes across as intelligent, articulate, in control and very astute.  She must now have some terrific contacts.  I'd like to see her have a go as CEO.

#14 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

May I correct you there, as there may be a Mr J Harrbarrow , it is Jason HARBOROW. No person should be tainted by a spelling mistake.

You absolutely right. I send out my sincerest apologies to all the Jason Harrbarrows of this world. I can't think of a greater insult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users