Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

play offs

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#41 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

It's just unlucky ref error!! It does need addressing the refereeing in the top amateur competition is appalling!! Shouldn't be replayed though will impact on to many other teams chances!!

#42 Jbb

Jbb
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

The rules are the rules, there is only one person to blame in all of this and thats the incompetant ref who blow up when he shouldn't have done. Whoever wins next week will be at a disadvantage against Lane.

#43 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

west hull are a top club and the relationship with siddal is top notch......should they do the hounarable thing and accept the result ?

#44 smile

smile
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

They was no vote was ref from Halifax by any chance even his linesman said it's play on still and he just ran to dressing room clueless (delete)

This is the exact conversation I had with the linesmen before the start of extra time " is it 10mins each way and then golden point they both replied no and then the older one said its 10 mins each way golden point from the start" so don't give me they didn't know what was happening

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 28 October 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#45 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Surley can't be replayed i was there west hull lost fair and square like mentioned earlier west hull was going for drop goals them selfs regardless wot the ref has done right or wrong west hull still got beat fair play to siddal

#46 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Complete cock up however neither team had the advantage of not playing the extra 10, both teams attempted the drop goals and on this occasion Siddal got the kick, I have a soft spot for Wests however I have to say on this occasion their complaints shows poor form and smells of a bad loser.
Who will pay the bus for Siddal to travel down again ?

#47 Jbb

Jbb
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

West Hull made 3 drop goal attempts in normal time NOT extra time. If this was a fair result and the rules had been followed correctly then there would be no replay.

#48 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

West hull took a shot at a drop goal on there firsts set in extra time, both captains were told about golden point when they tossed the coin and neither argued this,

#49 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Why play the full game again ?
If west are unhappy with the result just start the game at 14/15 and play the extra time that was left from the 10 min eachway

#50 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

So you think siddal should go over to hull on Saturday to play 20mins of rugby?? That must be a joke!!!!

#51 Jbb

Jbb
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Regardless of who agreed what on the day. The ref or the captains clearly cannot change the RFL rules. If that was the case a ref may as well go out any week and tell the players how long he wants a game to be played on a given day.

#52 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

So your telling me that west hull would have corrected the ref if they had dropped a goal and asked to keep playing the rest of extra time.... No way

#53 Jbb

Jbb
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

If that had happened then we would still be in the same situation because Siddal would have then raised the issue......or are you saying not. Don't think so as Siddal Committee were well aware of the RFL rules re extra time and don't believe for one minute they would have let it go either.

#54 SG6

SG6
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Of course siddal would have let it go. If wests had of dropped the goal siddal would have accepted they won the game.

#55 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

West Hull did take a shot at a drop goal in extra time on their first set, I was there!

#56 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Your players accepted they had lost the game, this fuss has been created by the west coaches and committee, if siddal had lost and then kicked off like west hull have, I would have been embarrassed to be associated with them

#57 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

The ref or the captains clearly cannot change the RFL rules.

Playing golden point not extra time is the RFL rule, thats the problem.

#58 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

The rules are the rules, there is only one person to blame in all of this and thats the incompetant ref who blow up when he shouldn't have done. Whoever wins next week will be at a disadvantage against Lane.

And then possibly visit Wath Brow 3 days later . . .

#59 Jbb

Jbb
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, right of course they would because they are such good sports, just like the Siddal supporter/ coaching staff who got himself red carded ( Great representation of  the club)  Like i said before the rules are the rules. They have to play again so get over it. Come on you Wests!!!!!

#60 SG6

SG6
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Jbb, your posts really are embarrassing and showing west hull in a bad light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users