Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

It's in Australia's interests to throw the game tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Not saying it will happen, but Australia has nothing to gain beating England tomorrow, but has the power to give this tournament a massive boost in every way if they were to 'go easy' and allow England to win the opener.

If these Aussies wanna give the sport a huge boost and set themselves a challenge, it's in their interests to let England win.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Then no matter how hard they try.......they could well be beated by NZ in the semi's...!!

#3 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not saying it will happen, but Australia has nothing to gain beating England tomorrow, but has the power to give this tournament a massive boost in every way if they were to 'go easy' and allow England to win the opener.

If these Aussies wanna give the sport a huge boost and set themselves a challenge, it's in their interests to let England win.

Let's hope so.

#4 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Ridiculous.

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is that Stephen Jones? 

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#6 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Ridiculous.

Maybe, but it's our only hope.

#7 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

If that's the case then what's the whole point of sport? It's up to England to catch the Aussies up and match them.

#8 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

If that's the case then what's the whole point of sport? It's up to England to catch the Aussies up and match them.

I've been waiting for 40 years.

#9 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

If England beat Australia tomorrow it will have nothing to do with Australia throwing the game but it won't stop some people suggesting that's what happened

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#10 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Troll, simple as
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#11 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I remember when I was younger we used to get tales from the old 'uns about how the dominant team would throw the second test in order to make the third game the decider. The idea went that the last game would attract a bumper crowd and help make the tour profitable (and increase the rewards for players).

All it proves is that conspiracy theories are not a modern phenomenon.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#12 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Throwing a game seems like something that is done in Cricket.

Australia has often had two sides to their games where they have seemed to be struggling and then gone up three gears to totally wipe a team out.

They have also gone out and blown teams off the park in the first half and then gone into their shell to score very few points in the second half, see the 2004 Four Nations final.

The consistency of these games is a concern, it does not appear that the Kangaroos  play at full capacity for the whole game in some cases.

#13 Paddsy

Paddsy
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

No way, i saw them all out at the club last night they will be hungover

#14 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

As for capacity they are human, they know a massive effort will help to score points and then a defensive effort to stop them, its called momentum and they are past masters at reading it and their rotations will be very good, see David Waites comments years ago, nothing new.

As for being on the p$%s last night, really?

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

No way, i saw them all out at the club last night they will be hungover

This club, in Soho, sounds like a quiet one seeing as you are up posting about it at this time.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

There's more than a little logic in this. Let's see how we go. 52 4 would do some damage to the competition that's for sure. Though is any tournament stands a chance of riding out the storm it's this one.

#17 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Not like an Aussie to get their excuses in early..

#18 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Not heard such tosh on this website in, oh, 5 minutes.

Australia throw a game? ridiculous, England will win on our own merits

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users