Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Good Luck Rangi

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

He's not everybody's cup of tea but he could be the difference today.

In his time at Cas he has done some amazing things and has graced the shirt as much as some of the the other special halves I have seen in my lifetime wearing black & amber - Hardisty, Hepworth, Millward, Kemp, Ford.

Bring your A game fella - it's time to dance...!!

#2 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Good luck ENGLAND

#3 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I said elsewhere, if he brings his A game he should be made a saint and a full citizen and probably the leader of the next government and knighted and everything in between

Dance fella, dance!

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

He's not everybody's cup of tea but he could be the difference today.

In his time at Cas he has done some amazing things and has graced the shirt as much as some of the the other special halves I have seen in my lifetime wearing black & amber - Hardisty, Hepworth, Millward, Kemp, Ford.

Bring your A game fella - it's time to dance...!!

Not my favourite player, hope he does bring the sublime A game and doesn't spoil it with anything stupid or thuggish.

#5 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Oh dear. Rangi disappointing.

The combination with Sinfield is not one I ever want to see again.....

#6 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Rangi dis nothing, very very poor. I do not remember him taking the line on once.

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I kept looking when they showed shots of Graham and others in the stands but I still couldn't see him.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#8 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, he was anonymous today.

#9 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Afraid he brought his Z game, As per usual.

#10 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

With rangi he simply needs to get on the ball more and be allowed to roam around think he went ok today and I don't think widdop offers anything much more tbh, after World Cup I'd be looking at breeding a new young combination possibly Matty smith along with widdop/lomax

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

any halfback that can't shine behind that pack shouldn't be there

Edited by oldrover, 27 October 2013 - 09:56 AM.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

any halfback that can't shine behind that pack shouldn't be there

Yep. Agree. Strange that we've produced so many great half backs over the years but the cupboard seems a bit bare at the moment

#13 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I kept looking when they showed shots of Graham and others in the stands but I still couldn't see him.

He may well have still been clearing up the empties that the Hockmeister left in their room....

#14 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Again, Chase is getting unnecessary stick for trying to play to a structured game plan. At Castleford, he was basically told to go out there and do your thing. And if he wasn't then he just did it anyway. For every 3 unbelievable things there were 1 or two brain explosions.

Playing to this structure doesn't suit his game completely. Isn't this partly a reason that Matt Le Tissier hardly got picked for England.?To his credit he is playing his part and cutting down the risk. We all know what he is capable of and if we are 12 points down in the SF or Final with 10 minutes to go, I would want Rangi Chase out there with the ball in his hands above most people in the squad.

#15 LoinerDave

LoinerDave
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Again, Chase is getting unnecessary stick for trying to play to a structured game plan. At Castleford, he was basically told to go out there and do your thing. And if he wasn't then he just did it anyway. For every 3 unbelievable things there were 1 or two brain explosions.

Playing to this structure doesn't suit his game completely. Isn't this partly a reason that Matt Le Tissier hardly got picked for England.?To his credit he is playing his part and cutting down the risk. We all know what he is capable of and if we are 12 points down in the SF or Final with 10 minutes to go, I would want Rangi Chase out there with the ball in his hands above most people in the squad.

Fully agree. We don't know what McNamara is tellin him to do. By his reserved play, we've got to presumes that he's bein asked to play a safe game. But surely that would be the reason to play sinfield? To distribute as quickly as poss to the playmaker. Rangi is brilliant at what he does, when he's allowed to do it. I personally think he's our key to unlocking any defense behind our cracking pack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users