Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

R Chase

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Waste of space today, awful

#2 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

I thought our halfs more than held their own today personally. They were a damn sight better than they were against Italy last week. Chase is a lot more structured when playing for England than he has been for Cas.

#3 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I thought Burgess brothers were awsome. My MOM was Sam Burgess. Though that Slater was much better than Tomkins based on todays game.

Posted Image

#4 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Burgess brothers were good, that's about it.

#5 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Australia play to put Slater in space which is why he does so well (along with the fact he is class anyway). Difference today was brain farts & stupid penalties. We let them off the hook to many times for my liking.

I thought Ferres took his chance well today and didn't look out of place. Plenty to build on from the team which is pleasing. I just wish we had 2 international quality halves instead of playing Sinfield out of position.

Burgess brothers were a cut above.......Obvious benefit of playing in the NRL.

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Spot on Gary and I agree about the halves. Never did like Chase mind you and not because he's not English. I enjoyed the game and just a pity about the result.

The way Slater saved that 40-20 was amazing, Felt sorry for Charnley stepping just ove touch line minutes later.

Posted Image

#7 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Australia keep it simple and play to their strengths.....patiently

#8 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

widdop has to start at 6 chase at 7  lockers if fit at 13 hardacre to replace cudjoe who should have buried the winger into touch but went way to high to have a chance of winning the collision 

#9 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Burgess brothers were good, that's about it.

chris hill was a stand out in the first half with his offload in the tackle and his defence spot on. when he and g burgess went off there was a drop in go forward from us.

#10 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

How many of the england side would get in the australian side id say just the one the backs are just not good enough if they were there would be playing in the nrl

#11 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

You have to be extraordinary to play in the NRL and why would the Aussies import when they have at least 4 or 5 world class players for every position.

#12 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

They would import if they were good enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users