Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Think has been good. Andrew Voss, Daryll Harrigan and Shaun Edwards was very good I thought. Having an Aussie, An Englishman and a Kiwi was good. Certainly way better than listening to Sky coverage! Ray French is past it but Brian Noble is good. Jonathon Davies should never be allowed to comment on League- awful! Showed the whole opening ceremony and I like listening to the video ref and why he makes a decision. Much prefer Premiersports than Sky and today just adds to it

#2 Town Globetrotter

Town Globetrotter
  • Coach
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Disappointed with Premier Player, might be my connection in the America; however although the picture quality was good. The stream kept stopping, skipping and resetting to previous points in the match. Did anyone else have any issues with the premier player?

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thought commentators were good but coverage needs a few tweaks. Overall not bad I reckon

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I watched some of the Premier coverage and some of the Beeb, is Premier taking Aussie coverage?
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#5 M j M

M j M
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

I watched some of the Premier coverage and some of the Beeb, is Premier taking Aussie coverage?

Not quite - the Aussies are taking Premier's coverage!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Think has been good. Andrew Voss, Daryll Harrigan and Shaun Edwards was very good I thought. Having an Aussie, An Englishman and a Kiwi was good. Certainly way better than listening to Sky coverage! Ray French is past it but Brian Noble is good. Jonathon Davies should never be allowed to comment on League- awful! Showed the whole opening ceremony and I like listening to the video ref and why he makes a decision. Much prefer Premiersports than Sky and today just adds to it

I enjoyed it as my first exposure to Premier.

I flicked across to BBC just to see what they have to offer, got instantly irritated by JD and flicked back quickly to listen to people actually talking about RL. Brian Noble would enhance the coverage even more - I was surprised just how out of touch SE was with the modern game and tactics (the price you pay for supping with the devil) and here BN would have been better.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

At least i can watch the games live.

#8 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Who did you get commentating on British coverage? In NZ, we got Woods for the opening ceremony, then Voss for the England game and French for the Wales game. 

#9 Godzilla

Godzilla
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

You must have had the premier feed in NZ, on the BBC it was Woods commentating on England, with Brian Noble and Jonathan Davies. Premier used the BBC commentary for the Wales game.

#10 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Just started watching the Premier Sports recording of England v Australia . The full opening ceremony. The on pitch discussions setting the scene are so well staged, this is looking a notch x 3 above the BBC and Sky.
Well done.

#11 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I enjoy Jonathan Davies, more in the studio than commenting though.   against the grain I know, but there you are.... all down to composure I guess.

#12 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Andrew Voss is just a fantastic commentator. He was available a year ago when he left Channel 9 and Sky should have paid him a fortune to lure him over. He would have become a "Benaud" like cult figure in the UK. Watched the Aussie game back on PS after originally watching the BBC and there was no comparison in the main call. He notices all the things that the BBC didn't - Inglis jumping up from the floor to block Charnley going under the posts, the ref getting meloned behind the posts etc. A great addition for PS.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

As I went to Cardiff, I've yet to watch either version of the day on TV.  When I'll get a chance to do so I don't know because I'm off to watch the Kiwis v Samoa today and then of course there will be umpteen matches to watch from now on in!  Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a peek sometime soon.

#14 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Watched the start of the England game on Premier catch-up this morning. Thought Voss and the team were great. Very informed, plus he really knows all the players who come from the NRL. Looks like they will do the game proud.

Thought Brian Noble was great on the BBC. He immediately spotted that the reason for the Slater try on half-time was Burgess not being in the right position.

Jonathan Davies is just embarrassing. He is so out of touch. It must pain league fans who saw him in his pomp, to now hear him drone on, unable to recognise most players, and totally unaware of the nuances of the modern game.

French & Davies or Eddie & Stevo. Wow, what a choice!

#15 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Watched the start of the England game on Premier catch-up this morning. Thought Voss and the team were great. Very informed, plus he really knows all the players who come from the NRL. Looks like they will do the game proud.

Thought Brian Noble was great on the BBC. He immediately spotted that the reason for the Slater try on half-time was Burgess not being in the right position.

Jonathan Davies is just embarrassing. He is so out of touch. It must pain league fans who saw him in his pomp, to now hear him drone on, unable to recognise most players, and totally unaware of the nuances of the modern game.

French & Davies or Eddie & Stevo. Wow, what a choice!

Agree with all that

#16 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

J Davies also spotted that with Burgess on commentary. These are the lapses of concentration that we can't have.
He's better in the studio though. Noble is very good - his enthusiasm shines through, especially when Hall scored - Yes!!

#17 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Noble is very good - his enthusiasm shines through, especially when Hall scored - Yes!!

I liked it when, after Sam Burgess cracked Thaiday and all the other commentators were saying "Oooh, red card" etc, Nobby just said "This is test match football !"

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#18 Danny Boy

Danny Boy
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thought Premier sports coverage was better than anything either bbc or sky have ever done. Relaxed. Fun. Informed. All 4 were great. Voss a top front man and game caller. some great craic. Good set pieces great insight they could all string a coherent sentence together. Sky take note. Beeb guests were good wilkin and noble always speak well and big Eorl is a great addition

#19 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Having some real issues with the Premier Player flicking back and to. Hopefully just my connection but not had this issue with streaming before.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#20 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I was conned into taking my wife to Cornwall next week and was worried that I wouldn't be able to watch the games that were on Premier.
So I have just worked out that thanks to my Sky/premier subscription I can watch on my ipad, Happy days.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users