Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#41 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

See that the BBC highlights are in HD..

It's time to park the camels.

#42 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Really please with Premier's coverage. They captured the game at Warrington really well yesterday. The World Cup is a real celebration of our game and Voss and the team brought this out yesterday. You sense he is having a great time, with his "pork roll and game of darts in the Rodney" before kick-off and Wire being a "real footy ground". His enjoyment of the tournament is coming across in his commentary.

Premier have really captured the glitz and glamour of the World Cup, with the opening ceremony and all that went on in Cardiff, and then the great tradition of the game with the Warrington match.

Haven't watched the PNG game on catch-up yet, but I expect Ian Ramsdale did a decent enough job of that too.

#43 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Really please with Premier's coverage. They captured the game at Warrington really well yesterday. The World Cup is a real celebration of our game and Voss and the team brought this out yesterday. You sense he is having a great time, with his "pork roll and game of darts in the Rodney" before kick-off and Wire being a "real footy ground". His enjoyment of the tournament is coming across in his commentary.

Premier have really captured the glitz and glamour of the World Cup, with the opening ceremony and all that went on in Cardiff, and then the great tradition of the game with the Warrington match.

Haven't watched the PNG game on catch-up yet, but I expect Ian Ramsdale did a decent enough job of that too.

I thought IR was quite good. First time I've heard him after seeing a few on here say he's not very good. Jon Wilkin didn't half like to ramble on though!

#44 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

It'd be great if prem sports could nab a few super league games off sky like what BT did with the football, more games, better coverage, more exposure.....

#45 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Like having Vossy there, he makes a hell of a difference. My only complaint so far was i set the PNG game to record and it stopped recording just as Mead attempted the penalty in the 78th minute!.. and stopped for no apparent reason.  extremely annoying.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#46 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Like having Vossy there, he makes a hell of a difference. My only complaint so far was i set the PNG game to record and it stopped recording just as Mead attempted the penalty in the 78th minute!.. and stopped for no apparent reason. extremely annoying.

Think it must of over ran if you recorded the second game it has the finish of this one on it.

#47 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

could be.. haven't sat down to watch the NZ game yet.. so highly likely..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#48 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

could be.. haven't sat down to watch the NZ game yet.. so highly likely..

It is I taped them both and the NZ game has the finish of the PNG game on it from about where Aiton does the high tackle.

#49 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I enjoy Jonathan Davies, more in the studio than commenting though.   against the grain I know, but there you are.... all down to composure I guess.

This is the reason that the negative voting system should be restored.

I signed up yesterday AM, as I was in Cardiff on Saturday I didn't see the point.  I really enjoyed the commentary, it was fair, and unobtrusive: just as it should be.  The picture isn't amazing, it could do with being in HD but no matter.

The Premier player is a worry.  I've registered but not had a confirmation email as yet, and I've written to them this AM to say that I need it as I'm abroad and want to watch the games.  Slightly worried about what people are putting about it in terms of it being jumpy, and although I don't use Chrome I do use Safari which isn't the standard Explorer browser.

One thing that I did notice when trying to look at the odds on the Kiwi/Samoa game last night was that the scores on SkyBet were some minutes ahead of the actual play which is disappointing.  

#50 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I concur with a few of the others about jumps in the media player. And the satellite signal is one of those "weaker" ones that pixellates (though that could have been the high winds and rain last night).

But... Andrew Voss is brilliant. His commentary of the magnificent NZ-Samoa match was superb.

#51 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

The only tiny thing I can criticise is that I wish there was 30 mins build up instead of just 15, and that it stayed on a bit longer afterwards too. Other than that it's been brilliant!

#52 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Excellent coverage.

#53 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

This is the reason that the negative voting system should be restored.

I signed up yesterday AM, as I was in Cardiff on Saturday I didn't see the point.  I really enjoyed the commentary, it was fair, and unobtrusive: just as it should be.  The picture isn't amazing, it could do with being in HD but no matter.

The Premier player is a worry.  I've registered but not had a confirmation email as yet, and I've written to them this AM to say that I need it as I'm abroad and want to watch the games.  Slightly worried about what people are putting about it in terms of it being jumpy, and although I don't use Chrome I do use Safari which isn't the standard Explorer browser.

One thing that I did notice when trying to look at the odds on the Kiwi/Samoa game last night was that the scores on SkyBet were some minutes ahead of the actual play which is disappointing.

Watched the NZ v Samoa game on iPad from Spain and it was spot on. Very impressed with commentary team which further enhanced a brilliant spectacle of a game
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#54 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Watched the NZ v Samoa game on iPad from Spain and it was spot on. Very impressed with commentary team which further enhanced a brilliant spectacle of a game

Mullaney on holiday again.  Takings at the Redbeck will be well down.

#55 DaveGC

DaveGC
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

wish we could get Vos and co on sky instead of the stat orientated commentaters they have , at least Vos commentates on game without throwing up meaningless traffic lights and how the 2 teams have compared over the last 30 years and talking utter drivel

#56 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

wish we could get Vos and co on sky instead of the stat orientated commentaters they have , at least Vos commentates on game without throwing up meaningless traffic lights and how the 2 teams have compared over the last 30 years and talking utter drivel

I'm missing Phil Clarke trying to send me to sleep at half time. I love all those pretty colours he talks about.

#57 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I intended paying on the gate at Warrington but when it was announced as sold out I bought Prem Sports.
Superb commentary from both Voss and Nobby. Thought Voss brought Noble in very well and Voss's knowledge of the players almost all from the NRL was a massive plus for the game on TV.
Great game and great television.
Can't wait for the next fixture.

#58 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I had to pause recording NZ v Samoa and then missed the last few seconds of the game as the recording ended, and also the post game round-up.

The second half was fantastic, well doen to the Warrington crowd and Voss's commentary was spot-on. He hogs the mic more than Woods, but I think thats the way it should be.

I could have watched it for another 2 hours.

Edited by shaun mc, 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#59 BringbackGB

BringbackGB
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Take my hat off to Premier Sports for bringing Andrew Voss on board, an absolute masterstroke.  His match commentary and humorous one liners are brilliant.  Hope he pops in the Turf for a beer before the Wales v USA game on Sunday!

#60 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Those of us impressed by the Premier Sports coverage could always leave some feedback for them on their Facebook page

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users