Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#121 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

They just seem to go to commercial breaks at random. ...not 'we'll be back after this break' or anything. ..very strange.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#122 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Useless missed all the secound half upto now

#123 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Useless missed all the secound half upto now

I'd consider that a bonus actually!  It's dire.

You'll get a refund if you complain.

#124 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

They just seem to go to commercial breaks at random. ...not 'we'll be back after this break' or anything. ..very strange.

I don't think they know how to cope with so many ads!  They're perfectly ok during the Championship matches.  Maybe they have less control as it is IMG who are filming?  That's a wild guess though.  All I know is that they don't just break off for ads during the Championship coverage and they have their own choice of production crew for those matches.

#125 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Not fussed about the money really I just want to be able to watch all games with no problems it's not good enough

#126 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

I don't think they know how to cope with so many ads!  They're perfectly ok during the Championship matches.  Maybe they have less control as it is IMG who are filming?  That's a wild guess though.  All I know is that they don't just break off for ads during the Championship coverage and they have their own choice of production crew for those matches.

Yeah I know, I have had PS for a long time. The coverage just seems a bit random during this WC.

#127 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Issues I have had with Premier;

Earlier in the year (Featherstone v Sheffield) my feed dropped out.

During the New Zealand v Cook Islands warm up game the feed went down for over 30 minutes - I complained and got £9.99 refunded and an apology with assurances that 'this wont happen during the World Cup'

Tonight the feed wen down during France v New Zealand - perhaps PS were feeling sorry for me!

The coverage has been mainly good; they could do with some more cameras at each game. I like the addition of Voss particularly, Nobby and Dave Woods have been informative and fun. They need to ensure the commentators can be heard, tonights second commentator was a bit muffled - sometimes commentary can be lost during stadium announcements, adjoining commentary teams, taxi radio etc.

#128 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

I will say this though, it is some comfort to know that your money is not just going to just subsidise PL football or something. It may be a ramshackle affair but its our ramshackle affair!

#129 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Its poor for the cash. Problems, no HD, aussie commenators - oh and no pubs have it

Edited by Lobbygobbler, 02 November 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#130 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Its garbage for the cash

What is?

#131 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

I will say this though, it is some comfort to know that your money is not just going to just subsidise PL football or something. It may be a ramshackle affair but its our ramshackle affair!

Spot on..

Aint got the polish of a sky Wendyball game...but who cares ?..

I for one will now be subscribing next season............................

Sky have ruled the roost(and my pocket)for long enough.. a bit of an economy channel quality is fine by me...Good commentary,fair quality picture AND no Eddie & Stevo it suits me and I will bet a lot more new viewers...well done Premier  :drinks:

#132 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Its poor for the cash. Problems, no HD, aussie commenators - oh and no pubs have it

Well Wilkies in Warrington do for a start  :tongue:

#133 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Theoretically Riley's should have had it because of their partnership with the RFL but sadly partners don't always do what they said they would/we hoped they would.

#134 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

The commentary tonight and last night is a welcome change from hearing someone bellowing cliches into the mike all the way through the match. I am not mentioning any names!

#135 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

i like the commentary,  on a different note they have very different accents though.

can anyone tell me what accents they are,? voss is aus?, but what accent (and who) is his co-commentator? NZ or like a scouse aus accent as it is very different?

weird question i know.

#136 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Voss is Australian. Daryll Halligan is a Kiwi although he played in Australia.

Edited by westlondonfan, 02 November 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#137 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Excellent coverage here in NZ.No need for Sky

#138 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think that's because they're taking the international feed, so the commentators do a continuous commentary which each TV network around the world can dip in and out of. The commentators can't mention ad breaks because there might be one of the TV networks somewhere in the world not showing ads. After the national anthems there's usually a couple of minutes before the game kicks off - so the commercial TV broadcasters can go to ads. The BBC filled this time in with a quick promo video and the team line ups.

#139 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

The commentary tonight and last night is a welcome change from hearing someone bellowing cliches into the mike all the way through the match. I am not mentioning any names!

I have now watched all the games so far played and have had absolutely no problem.

My only complaint is that I am being spoilt by the sensible and informed style of commentary and now dread having to return next season to the Eddie Waring style showmanship of Eddie & Stevo  icon_redface.gif

Both the BBC & Premier commentaries are a welcome breath of fresh air. I think We've had enough of the Sky hype commentary these days ... where everything seems to be controversial and every referee decision is questioned.

Well done Premier(and beeb) !

#140 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Voss is Australian. Daryll Halligan is a Kiwi although he played in Australia.

These two are better than anything we have and they're lighten it up at times with there humour.
Be good if they got a job calling super league games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users