TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#141 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

Cancelled my Premier Sports subscription yesterday to end on 01 Dec.

As expeced they offered me a reduced subscription rate until next February when the NRL games kick-in. However, I only had to repeat that I wanted to cancel and it all went through, unlike Sky who will openly lie and find anyway possible not to let you downgrade your subscription.

Coverage is relatively basic, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far and Andrew Voss (and a sidekick, not Halligan) should be approached to call the SL games on Sky, unless that is, that his relatively uncontroversial, positive and non referee-bagging agenda style wouldn't fit it with what Sky want a commentator to do.

#142 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Its poor for the cash. Problems, no HD, aussie commenators - oh and no pubs have it

No pubs have it? Hmmmm.

http://www.totalrl.c...central +london
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#143 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I had real problems with the picture buffering tonight.
I started to listen to Radio 5 and watched the screen( when it was on)
One of the things that puzzled me was in the second half when the David Meads no try was happening, Dave Woods and Richie Myler were rabbiting away when a good 20 seconds after Meads had gone over Dave Woods suddenly got excited and started to describe the action. It was clear he was calling it "live" but the premier sports feed was way in front of him?
From then on Woods was describing the action 20 or so seconds after the Premier Sports feed. How can the radio be way behind the picture?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#144 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

I have now watched all the games so far played and have had absolutely no problem.

My only complaint is that I am being spoilt by the sensible and informed style of commentary and now dread having to return next season to the Eddie Waring style showmanship of Eddie & Stevo  icon_redface.gif

Both the BBC & Premier commentaries are a welcome breath of fresh air. I think We've had enough of the Sky hype commentary these days ... where everything seems to be controversial and every referee decision is questioned.

Well done Premier(and beeb) !

I agree with that summing up totally.

#145 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Saw a tweet this morning from Premier Sports saying that they are the rights holders of the 2017 competition and any 4N tournaments in between

#146 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

The commentary and analysis is far ahead of Sky,on a fraction of their budget - the sooner Sky get rid of Hemmings and Stevo,the better for rugby league.Skys production is better but you would expect that because of their number of cameras etc.

As soon as Sky start again,Stevo will use his only adjective,'confused',every decision will be 'contraversial',every try will be a 'forward pass' and Hemmings will be as bland as ever.

#147 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Its poor for the cash. Problems, no HD, aussie commenators - oh and no pubs have it

How are you paying cash for it when you're trying to watch it in the pub?

The commentators are fine, and the Skyrack in Headingley has it.

Its more than fine for the price of a pint per week.

Edited by Gav Wilson, 07 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

#148 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Saw a tweet this morning from Premier Sports saying that they are the rights holders of the 2017 competition and any 4N tournaments in between

seems a bit early to sell the rights. Don't even know which time zone it will be held in...which surely would influence their value.

#149 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

The commentary and analysis is far ahead of Sky,on a fraction of their budget - the sooner Sky get rid of Hemmings and Stevo,the better for rugby league.Skys production is better but you would expect that because of their number of cameras etc.

As soon as Sky start again,Stevo will use his only adjective,'confused',every decision will be 'contraversial',every try will be a 'forward pass' and Hemmings will be as bland as ever.

Indeed those two are the main problem. There are some good people working under them who are restricted by their presence and persona. John Wells has been excellent this World Cup on Radio 5 Sports extra.

#150 verbatim

verbatim
  • Coach
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Any one else having problems with the premier player for the USA v Scotland game?

Keeps giving error message "Cannot load M3U8: cross domain access denied" 

Any suggestions?

#151 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Any one else having problems with the premier player for the USA v Scotland game?

Keeps giving error message "Cannot load M3U8: cross domain access denied" 

Any suggestions?

I'm getting 'Error loading media: File cannot be played' message.

#152 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Player not working for me. Cannot load M3U8 etc

#153 Moomintroll

Moomintroll
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

I get the M3U8 message quite a lot. I just keep reloading the page until the stream restarts.

#154 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

There can't be much revenue from these ads.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#155 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Shocking tonight.

#156 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Working now

#157 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Working now

Not for me. Will have to try and catch a replay tomorrow.

#158 BladeHearts

BladeHearts
  • Coach
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

I think Premier Sports is great value... especially on Virgin - lol

On a more serious note, the commentary from Dave Woods and Andrew Voss plus Brian Noble's analysis has been superb.

#159 Chanter

Chanter
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys, new poster here. I've been a lurker on this site for a while now, but thought it was time to have a go at posting.

I think the coverage of the WC by Premier Sports has been first class. The quality of the games have only added to this.

My only gripe I have is the lack of crowd noise coming over on the telly. I haven't seen a single pitch side microphone at any of the games, which would have picked up the noise and probably given the viewers a better atmosphere I think.

Just a thought that could make this WC even better viewing.

#160 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

seems a bit early to sell the rights. Don't even know which time zone it will be held in...which surely would influence their value.

The BBC announced they were showing the next world cup and internationals in between when they announced their rights to this world cup so obviously now isn't too early to announce rights!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users