TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Couldn't fault it.Ithink any buffering is down to atmospherics  so can't blame  Premier there.

#162 BringbackGB

BringbackGB
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

My only gripe is Premier Sports showing a replay of a pass, catch or tackle when the ball is in play.  There’s nothing more frustrating, especially when you hear the ref’s whistle but you don’t know what for because they’re showing the video for something that’s already happened when the game has moved on.  What can’t they wait until the ball has gone dead or there is a break in play before showing the replay?  Alternatively, they could sack the person pressing the replay button and use the money saved on their wage towards a transfer fee for Andrew Voss from Sky NZ.    

#163 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Replays for me to . In Oz there's no replays during play . Or if they want to show a replay show it in a mini screen so we can see the play to .

#164 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Don't you just love Vossy! He just gets better and better, though he was superb tonight always so positive and enthusiastic. A huge breath of fresh air!

#165 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,532 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

One thing it has made me realise, I aren't going to pay to watch SKY after this. Not a chance.

Superior technical coverage or wider coverage or whatever.....simply cannot bear the thought of going back to E & S

Edited by Johnoco, 09 November 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#166 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

One thing it has made me realise, I aren't going to pay to watch SKY after this. Not a chance.

Superior technical coverage or wider coverage or whatever.....simply cannot bear the thought of going back to E & S

A wonderful World Cup so far icon_razz.gif although we are half way through it tonight  icon_cry.gif

And with the added bonus of.....

No Eddie & Stevo !!!!- this world cup's given us all a glimpse of how a wonderful fresh new world we might have without those two dragging down our game to the level of It's A Knockout.  I've heard hardly any negative comment from the Woods, Voss, Noble team during the games - compare and contrast with the almost relentless negativity that we hear every week from Eddie & Stevo... 'poor' this, 'poor' that, 'poor' kick, 'poor' pass, 'silly' penalty, 'forward pass', 'should have been a penalty',  and on and on and on. The best moment was the 'coat-hanger' tackle when Voss and Noble just chuckled - imagine the apopleptic meltdown if Stevo had been on the mike as Eddie groaned apologeticaly once more that.. " our game doesn't need this kind of thing."***

I'm dreading their return next season.***(comments made by other forum posters not just me). 

I wonder if any sky bigwigs have been reading the rave  Premier coverage reviews and the massive discontent with E&S from the fans ?

I bet E&S hope not or else things may change.. :rtfm:

In fact maybe I will just pay for Premier and get Championship and Aussie games for £ 7.99 a month,

Still have my Wire season ticket and BBC highlights show as well. :yahoo:

Edited by alan30058, 09 November 2013 - 02:39 AM.

#167 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

The most amazing thing about Andrew Voss - who I agree is excellent, and who, along with Steve Mascord, is one of the few Aussie RL commentators/writers/identities etc to realise a RL world exists outside of Australia - was sacked by Channel 9 over some (what I can only gather is a) trivial matter, to be replaced by an ultra right-wing xenophobic shock jock who is useless. 

#168 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Comments about Vossy on here make me laugh because on the Aussie forums there are the same threads about how they dislike him and about how poor he's been in this World Cup.

I think it's what you're used to and the fact people like something different. Nobles getting a lot of praise down under though.

Personally, I used to hate Voss when he first moved from the sideline to the main commentary on the Sunday games on Nine but over the years he has grown on me and this tournament I have really enjoyed listening to him.

I still think Dave Woods is the best Rugby League commentator out there though and Sky should aim to pick him up to do the main commentary when E&S go.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#169 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Comments about Vossy on here make me laugh because on the Aussie forums there are the same threads about how they dislike him and about how poor he's been in this World Cup.
I think it's what you're used to and the fact people like something different. Nobles getting a lot of praise down under though.
Personally, I used to hate Voss when he first moved from the sideline to the main commentary on the Sunday games on Nine but over the years he has grown on me and this tournament I have really enjoyed listening to him.
I still think Dave Woods is the best Rugby League commentator out there though and Sky should aim to pick him up to do the main commentary when E&S go.

Its very much personal choice, I find Dave Woods the most irritating voice on TV, my dog has to leave the room when he's commentating.

#170 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Where are these threads? The consensus on League Unlimited, the biggest Australian rugby league forum on the internet, is that he's comfortable the strongest commentator down under.

Surely you don't consider Moffo and a few other career-trolls to be the voice of the NRL community.

Very odd claim. Think you've been spending too much time on the Bulldog bogans forum.

For reference:

http://forums.league...ad.php?t=428620

http://forums.league...ad.php?t=399457

http://forums.league...ad.php?t=427693

Edited by ChrisGS, 09 November 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#171 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Its very much personal choice, I find Dave Woods the most irritating voice on TV, my dog has to leave the room when he's commentating.

It is, but at the same time Voss is objectively well liked by Australian rugby league fans, so no idea why Halligan is trying to make out like he's disliked.

#172 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've thoroughly enjoyed Voss's commentary.
Last night he was waxing lyrical about some of the heritage stuff at Leeds, Headingley being one of the original 1895 grounds along with Batley and about Don Bradman making 300's on the cricket ground next door. He's clued up on the history and not just interested in the here and now, you can tell he cares about the wider aspects of the game. Top class bloke. He absolutely wipes the floor with Eddie and Stevo.

#173 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

It is, but at the same time Voss is objectively well liked by Australian rugby league fans, so no idea why Halligan is trying to make out like he's disliked.

Voss is greatly missed by many in Australia. His replacement is appalling and, I suspect, makes it harder for ch9 to maintain and grow the tv ratings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users