TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

I love the RLWC

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Jeez. Just got back to our hotel in Swansea. What a day! Loved it!

If this is RLWC we should have one every year!

Positive comments only please!

#2 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I agree. 2 games separated by a cigarette paper. Brilliant, brilliant RL.

#3 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Good start but its only going to get better can u imagine the semi final double header now that will be a epic day that

#4 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am loving it. Looking forward to the Ireland game on Monday and watching the games tomorrow.

#5 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Jeez. Just got back to our hotel in Swansea. What a day! Loved it!
If this is RLWC we should have one every year!
Positive comments only please!

Whilst I agree with you wholeheartedly about it being an amazing day today and the games being exciting, I wouldn't wish us to have it every year. The whole waiting around for a World Cup really adds to the excitement that I felt today!

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Whilst I agree with you wholeheartedly about it being an amazing day today and the games being exciting, I wouldn't wish us to have it every year. The whole waiting around for a World Cup really adds to the excitement that I felt today!

sensibleness that way >>>>>>>>>>>

:biggrin:

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Its been an amazing day.

Looking at my social media and there are so many people talking about it that I just wouldnt expect to have watched at any other time. And they loved it!

It would be amazing for England to win, but so long as International RL enhances its status then its good for me

#8 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I can't wait for the final! I love international rugby!

#9 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hopefully this now kickstarts international rugby and future tests and 5 nations games ect are placed on the big stage and really make it feel like an event just like today

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

The only trouble with RL is that the bad guys always win, aided and abetted by dodgy refs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Just got back to our hotel in Bristol (thanks network rail for making up stand in the rain for a bus) and it was a brilliant day. Loved the opening ceremony and the games.

England as always did enough to give us hope. . . . .and then lost.
The second game was ultra high speed and so very close. Well done Italy.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Edited by John Rhino, 27 October 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

It is a wonderful tournament. We have crossed the rubicon on this, as we have shown:
- we can put on a show;
- we can get wall to wall positive press coverage (though not in the Vichy Times, naturally);
- we can get a very respectable line of sponsors;
- we can attract enough newbies and neutrals for the largest World Cup opening crowd, who will be suitably enthralled;
- we can put on a wonderful show for 6 week ends on prime time BBC, in front of massive crowds;
- our World Cup looks brilliant, and the logos and design are slick and work;
- our merchandise is similarly neat and beautiful (though clearly they need to stock more of it); and
- the rugby is, as ever, the least of our worries, as we have a fantastic sport played by amazing athletes. The perfect balance between elegance and violence.
We just need the Aussies to "get it" for 2017...

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

The commercial side of this looks great. Obviously dont know the financials but the amount of sponsorship branding around the place felt like it was a huge event.

I mentioned elsewhere but as well as the partners we also had ads for other companies like Burger King etc.

Showscpeople do want to be involved in TGG.

Also I dont have a hangover.

Oh yes, the Welsh are just lovely people. Strangers wishing us a good day as we were getting off the train in the morning, singing along with us on the train back. They are brilliant hosts.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

It is a wonderful tournament. We have crossed the rubicon on this, as we have shown:
- we can put on a show;
- we can get wall to wall positive press coverage (though not in the Vichy Times, naturally);
- we can get a very respectable line of sponsors;
- we can attract enough newbies and neutrals for the largest World Cup opening crowd, who will be suitably enthralled;
- we can put on a wonderful show for 6 week ends on prime time BBC, in front of massive crowds;
- our World Cup looks brilliant, and the logos and design are slick and work;
- our merchandise is similarly neat and beautiful (though clearly they need to stock more of it); and
- the rugby is, as ever, the least of our worries, as we have a fantastic sport played by amazing athletes. The perfect balance between elegance and violence.
We just need the Aussies to "get it" for 2017...

superb post mate.

#15 kier

kier
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

One day in - in the wrong hemisphere - and I'm loving it. 

www.fatalerror.co.nz - A Musical by Lattimer & McRae

#16 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Great reading on this topic; glad to hear everyone had such a good day

The best way for Oz to get behind RLWC 2017 is for their team to lose in RLWC 2013 !

#17 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I rather get slaughtered by 80 points then any sense that the Aussies threw the game. Nothing would make me abandon the international game then that, one step down from wrestling IMO.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#18 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

I rather get slaughtered by 80 points then any sense that the Aussies threw the game. Nothing would make me abandon the international game then that, one step down from wrestling IMO.

Exactly, defeats the whole object of competitive sport.

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

What are you on about?

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Going to have to turn on the Swiss Tony style charm today if I am to watch both games today.

It's very much like making love to a beautiful woman. ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users