I love the RLWC

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

A good day. Met people from Brisbane. Durham and Sheffield. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoyed it. Now for Wrexham.

#22 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

A brilliant day, England competing with a high penalty count, poor ref and a 56% completion rate. that's actually a very positive statement.

We can win the world cup. Here comes wet weather football, our team is capable of playing that well, and oddly it gives Sinny time in the matches because it slows the play down. He played really well yesterday in three different positions and I for one apologise to him and to Chase, who had a great defensive display along with Cudjoe.

We have not played at this level for nearly 2 years, so all that preparation did actually work. Just need to keep the focus on penalties and completion IMHO.

God this sports good when we give it a chance isn't it?

#23 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Going to have to turn on the Swiss Tony style charm today if I am to watch both games today.

It's very much like making love to a beautiful woman. ...

Bit late mate.....I've been building this up with the missus for 2 weeks......tidying up, cleaning, putting a curtain pole up etc.
Yesterday was a great day.....England v Aus, then driven by said wife to the North West SIBA Beer Festival for a couple of hours, then she makes tea while I'm watching the recorded Wales v Italy. This afternoon I'm making a chilli as we speak and then that sets me in place for todays 2 games in a couple of hours. Hopefully, squeeze the chilli in between the games!

Edited by shaun mc, 27 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#24 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Under the thumb much? You guys need to get 'em told, jeez! Mind you, I did go out this morning in 5807538mph winds and bought some chocolate and a couple of pumpkins to carve to keep the girlfriend and the little one quiet this afternoon :D

It's time to park the camels.

#25 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm cooking supper between matches.

#26 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Just arrived home after a fantastic couple of days. Very impressed with the opening ceremony, the organisation, the games and the city of Cardiff. Brilliant weekend all round. 

As this is a positive thread I won't mention the post game weather! :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

At least I have definitely got the tv for the PNG match. :)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

wow! love it even more!!!!!

#29 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

So far we've had four cracking matches all for different reasons. It's a fantastic start to the WC.

Edited by Southerner, 27 October 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#30 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

SAMOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonny Bill the best in the world? 

Helloooooooooooooooo  Sam Burgess.....have a field day

#31 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

What a cracking weekend, all 4 games were great. The Samoa one looked like it was gonna be the worst but ended up being the best.

Just shows the importance to our sport of good scheduling and the group format the way we have it. Guarantees a mix of high quality games, close games and potential upsets.

#32 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

If any of you have to do any 'persuading' to your other halves to watch the matches, just show them that NZ v Samoa match. They'll understand.

It's time to park the camels.

#33 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

As McDonald's say "im loving it" its just what we need in this country, POSITIVITY!!:-)
Posted Image

#34 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,033 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I know this is a positive thread but I have to lower the positivity.

I'm sorry but the games and atmosphere so far have been nothing less than fantastic and amazing, I know a lot of you think they were a lot better than that but I'm just being honest.

Sorry for being so negative,

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#35 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Lol

#36 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

So far I have not seen any of rhe sides that I was cheering for manage to register a win. Never mind I have enjoyed every minute. What a fantastic start to the tournament all the games have been a superb advert for the sport. It is also am inspired decision to choose match venues where a squad are based and where there are exusting links with the nati

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#37 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

....Existing links to the nation. PNG received good support in Hull and the Warrington fans were superb in cheering on Samoa. The second half the chant of Toa Samoa rolled repeatedly across the HJ Stadium.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#38 Big Picture

Big Picture
  • Coach
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

A brilliant day, England competing with a high penalty count, poor ref and a 56% completion rate. that's actually a very positive statement.

We can win the world cup. Here comes wet weather football, our team is capable of playing that well, and oddly it gives Sinny time in the matches because it slows the play down. He played really well yesterday in three different positions and I for one apologise to him and to Chase, who had a great defensive display along with Cudjoe.

We have not played at this level for nearly 2 years, so all that preparation did actually work. Just need to keep the focus on penalties and completion IMHO.

God this sports good when we give it a chance isn't it?

It's waaaay more than good, it's awesome: absolutely the best brand of football in the world.  New Zealand and Samoa made that abundantly clear to anyone who saw that game.

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Still on a massive high this morning. We werent planning on any quarter finals, we are now toying with the idea of sll four :biggrin:

#40 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Great couple of days. Looking forward to going to Rochdale later today. To think we've had two days and already we've got the opening ceremony, David Mead and SBW as moments that people will talk about for years to come.

So much is happening with the World Cup, it's actually difficult to keep up!

Loving every minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users