Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should we switch the order of the WC SF now

anti-climax

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I noticed that at Wembley the potential England v New Zealand clash will take place at 1pm and the Australia v Other will take place at 3.30pm. Based on the experience of today, the England game should really be the climax to the whole day at Wembley.

In all honesty, if England did not beat NZ, how many fans would be up for the 2nd semi-final? Even if they did you want the most exciting part to be at the back end of the event.

#2 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Can we get there first?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#3 Gosman

Gosman
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Why would the organisers do this now when there was always a good chance that England would be playing in the first semi-final at the start of the tournament? Any change would just make the organisers look a bit foolish. I don't think they are that.

#4 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm looking forward to watching the Aussies no matter what, hope England smash em in the final, but it's a pleasure to see some of the greatest players in the flesh
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#5 Leaguesaint

Leaguesaint
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

If you're saying that England fans won't be bothered about the 2nd game, won't they just turn up late if we're playing in the second semi? Don't see how switching the games around will make a difference to the numbers watching the non-England semi.

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Only the England game will be on BBC, so I'm not sure it matters TOO much as long as it's packed for that one.

It's time to park the camels.

#7 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Will be staying for both games regardless of order. Making the most of my twenty quid club Wembley seat given that the same seat for any other major event would be over a hundred quid.

#8 Eastmoorboy

Eastmoorboy
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Exactly,agree with BBR. It's a great weekend out for the 17 of us in our family,as a mix of Yorkshire folk & Australians we are certainly going to stay and get our monies worth!

#9 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

If you're saying that England fans won't be bothered about the 2nd game, won't they just turn up late if we're playing in the second semi? Don't see how switching the games around will make a difference to the numbers watching the non-England semi.

There's the difference between turning up to a first game knowing the 'big one' is the second game and leaving after the first game because your side has been knocked out of the World Cup or squeaked through. I will be there for both games. This is different to game one as losers go home. If England lose thousands of fans may literally 'go home'. The other way around means the second half of the Aussie game is played to a crowd of 60-70k.

I am just playing Devils advocate here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users