Strange Position for RL fans - Eng-Ire sold out

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I must admit that I have a strange feeling coming over me knowing there are no tickets to sell for this game. So what must it be for the likes of those "I'm not going next week after this debacle" or "can you pay on the day" or "who wants to watch Eng v some part-time Irishmen" or "there will be no-one there the RLF is rubbish".

LOL. What are all these people going to talk about this week? One thing is it should have dramatic knock on effect for the Fiji game at the KC and hopefully the Aus-Fiji game at Saints.

#2 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

I must admit that I have a strange feeling coming over me knowing there are no tickets to sell for this game. So what must it be for the likes of those "I'm not going next week after this debacle" or "can you pay on the day" or "who wants to watch Eng v some part-time Irishmen" or "there will be no-one there the RLF is rubbish".

LOL. What are all these people going to talk about this week? One thing is it should have dramatic knock on effect for the Fiji game at the KC and hopefully the Aus-Fiji game at Saints.

Come on! You underestimate us. There's loads of stuff:

Kath Hetherington wasn't smiling enough.
It should have been played in London or Gillingham.
There should be P&R for this game.
Ray French has a good ten years left in him.
It's not close enough to the M62.
It's not proper Guinness.
How does he qualify for Ireland?
Does your missus liking Riverdance qualify you to play for Ireland?
The Irish anthem is miles better than ours
Gareth Hock would have made a huge difference.
The Huddrrsfield public don't turn out to watch rugby league
This is Danny Brough's home ground - he knows every blade of grass - he should be here.
The ref once flew Ryanair so is totally biased against England.

Loads more. We'll have a field day....!!

#3 jim_57

jim_57
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

It would be nice to see each England game from here on sell out a while in advance. Can only help the sales of Wembley & non - England games.
https://au.dryjuly.c...e/kabramudcrabs

Support myself & team Mudcrab during our Dry July 2013 challenge. Proceeds going to Cancer Support.

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm guilty of waiting too long for other people to decide what they are doing for this game, finished up sold out before I got a ticket.

Lesson learned for the future, you can't expect to just walk up for internationals in this country anymore.

In a backhanded way I am pleased I couldn't get a ticket.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,903 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

the reason for the sell out? The Mighty Penguins are in town! minus one, sadly, Padge. no one know of a spare ticket? press? sponsor?

#6 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Whilst it is unfortunate for any individual who hasn't got a ticket, it is great for the sport that people are missing out. I was talking to a number of people last Monday who were complaining that they couldn't get all the tickets they wanted.

We need to move from a pay on the day culture to buy in advance culture for the benefit of the game. These sell-outs will only help us achieve that. You'd hope that the good folk of Hull will get out to purchase the final tickets for the England v Fiji match and the PNG v Samoa games in the city.

The Samoa match was surely always more of a draw than France, and after yesterday's matches, one you'd be daft to miss, and with yesterday's crowds, one you know you might miss, if you leave it to pay on the gate.

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

I rang the Stadium last week and was told:

- the RLWC is releasing the tickets and the ground only sells the tickets that are being released.

- there were some single-seat tickets available, but not paired ones where friends or family could sit together.

I don't know, but maybe some more tickets will be released  closer to the game if coproprate hospitality etc is not fully subscribed.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Come on! You underestimate us. There's loads of stuff:

Kath Hetherington wasn't smiling enough.
It should have been played in London or Gillingham.
There should be P&R for this game.
Ray French has a good ten years left in him.
It's not close enough to the M62.
It's not proper Guinness.
How does he qualify for Ireland?
Does your missus liking Riverdance qualify you to play for Ireland?
The Irish anthem is miles better than ours
Gareth Hock would have made a huge difference.
The Huddrrsfield public don't turn out to watch rugby league
This is Danny Brough's home ground - he knows every blade of grass - he should be here.
The ref once flew Ryanair so is totally biased against England.

Loads more. We'll have a field day....!!

Sinfield is carp...don't forget.

#9 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sinfield is carp...don't forget.

Can't justify his plaice as the kipper....

#10 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Can't justify his plaice as the kipper....

Ah (hali)but, he's having a whale if a time. Just hope he stays injury free and doesn't need to be looked at by the team sturgeon.

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Fish.

It's time to park the camels.

#12 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ah (hali)but, he's having a whale if a time. Just hope he stays injury free and doesn't need to be looked at by the team sturgeon.

The coach is feeling a bit tench at the thought of another press conference - lets hope he doesn't take the bait this time

#13 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

He'll no doubt try to worm his way out of it by acting all koi, as we perch on the edge of the Ireland game.

#14 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Coach Steve Mackeralnamara says he harbours no grudges against the journalists who tried to catch him out at his last press conferene. "Most of them talk pollock anyway. Stingray French never grilled me like that."

#15 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

He'll no doubt try to worm his way out of it by acting all koi, as we perch on the edge of the Ireland game.

It's good to talk like this - I love a good platter!

#16 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I hope England don't flounder this weekend, we could do with someone scoring a Henderson Gill style try.

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Oooooh - ten point penalty.  A whale's not a fish. :tongue:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Oooooh - ten point penalty.  A whale's not a fish. :tongue:

Bah I would've gotten away with it too, Griff it hadn't been for you pesky kids.

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

When asked how will England cope with Sam Burgess being banned for the Ireland game McNamara siad "Cod knows what I'll do, I'll have to perhaps stickleback in the front row"

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#20 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I hope England don't flounder this weekend, we could do with someone scoring a Henderson Gill style try.

When asked why he didn't include in prawn stand off Danny Brough in his World Cup squad Mackeralnamara replied "I rang him and I had him on the line but he somehow slipped through the net. Maybe it was an act of cod." He wouldn't be drawn on the debate of wether the centres were now living off scraps.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users